2016 Post Spring Depth Chart | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Post Spring Depth Chart

Steven is versatile and can play the nose or the DT position in the 4-3.in the end i believe Steven and Slayton will get legitimate looks for playing on Sundays. We are all set inside. We just need some depth on the edge. I think this defense will be a pleasant surprise this fall:)

Thompson is thinking that he didn't want to play for his 3rd different coach in 5 years.

Oh cry me a river, that shouldn't play into this decision. He simply didn't want to still go to class and he made a knee jerk decision, an emotional driven decision when shaf and douest were let go. The 3rd coach thing is bs. Your a DE. just fire off the corner and get the qb.

No Sr. starters on the defensive side of the ball. I really like that. I'm going with the glass half full that we have a lot of young talent. I love our defense up the middle. I worry a little about the edges and our corner back play.

Wow, 10 likes already on a this guy is better than that guy post. Sounds like there's definitely a little bit of dad-posts-here-itis on the board.

Don't think Dino and staff are playing head games but there's a lot of practice left before this depth chart means anything. And both of them will play a lot. We'll need 4 DTs ready to get material minutes each game.
Wasn't Samuels the starter last year.

I think we're going to have a rough year on defense. How well we force turnovers will really matter. Thankfully, we have the kind of offensive mentality that will give a maturing defense some room to grow.

Wasn't Samuels the starter last year.
He was the worst of our tackles last year, even though he started, Raymon didn't start, and he was way better then Samuels. Maybe that was part of our defensive problem, having the wrong players on the field beginning the game.

bcubs9497 said:
Anyone have a subscription to PFF?

No, but I so have a subscription to "Pfft", but I don't really care about it.

being the best player on a bad team also means you get all the attention and double teams so who knows what Sherrod brings to the table

Arguably one of the best 3 players on the whole defense last year as a true frosh. Only craziness is the inability to recognize that based upon his play.

Could it be that Ward wants to pair the NTs/DTs in a certain way knowing that all 4 are going to get a lot of reps? Maybe he figures coupling Samuels and Slayton on the field together along with coupling Clark and Cross is the most efficient use of resources? For the football coaches on here, is that plausible?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom