2016 Schedule | Syracusefan.com

2016 Schedule

Nobody wants to play outside in Ithaca in February.

Maybe Albany moves back into that Feb slot.

Guessing the Albany game will move back to February.

With just about an entire rebuild on offense this year I hope SU schedules light for a change. Obviously JHU and Cornell aren't going anywhere but I would shed a tear if we took a few years off from the Albany series, its a no win game for Syracuse. Would like to see SU play Siena, St. Johns and two more lower tier teams, I expect SU to schedule the max amount of games this year after we scheduled near the minimum last year.

With just about an entire rebuild on offense this year I hope SU schedules light for a change. Obviously JHU and Cornell aren't going anywhere but I would shed a tear if we took a few years off from the Albany series, its a no win game for Syracuse. Would like to see SU play Siena, St. Johns and two more lower tier teams, I expect SU to schedule the max amount of games this year after we scheduled near the minimum last year.

I would have zero issue with this. Gives our players a chance to run their sets with less pressure, build individual/team confidence, and learn how to finish games (all of this in theory, anyway). Perhaps less of of a physical and mental toll from having upper-echelon teams and needing to "rise up" weekly.

This is Syracuse Lacrosse. But as mentioned the offense will most likely be a work in progress while the season progresses.

We're up there again in early March this year.

We only play UVa in the Dome in odd numbered years.

2016 we should be at Cville.

UVa, Duke, Hop and Cornell on the road, UNC and ND at home.

He's talking about playing at Cornell.

He's talking about playing at Cornell.
Yes. We have a game in CNY every year because we play Cornell up there in the even-numbered years when we play you folks in C'ville and vice versa in the odd-numbered years. This is the second contract with them, probably 4 years for this one, too.

Yes. We have a game in CNY every year because we play Cornell up there in the even-numbered years when we play you folks in C'ville and vice versa in the odd-numbered years. This is the second contract with them, probably 4 years for this one, too.

Central New York in March is like Hawaii. ;)

When does the full schedule come out? I have to figure out when to ask Santa for a Cuse trip for my family with B'ball and Lacrosse tix

When does the full schedule come out? I have to figure out when to ask Santa for a Cuse trip for my family with B'ball and Lacrosse tix

Last year it was released Dec 19.

Hopefully a couple of visits at Kennesaw. One is definite, just need to qualify for the ACC championship as well.

Everyone gets the trip to Georgia. #5 will play Brown there.

I have been feeling bad for that #5 non-qualifier playing "at" the tourney but not "in" the tourney. It's almost patronizing.

For recruiting reasons?

Last year it was released Dec 19.

I'm hearing within the next week to 10 days it will be released. Just waiting on ESPN to finalize some dates and times of the televised games.

For recruiting reasons?
A bit of that and a bit of getting a good game on the schedule. We'd like to play an Ivy every year. We had Princeton, but they dropped us when the contract ended. We were able to work out a 4-year contract with Cornell that has now been renewed. Some of the CU fans were very surprised that we agreed to play them in Ithaca when the 1st contract was signed.

A bit of that and a bit of getting a good game on the schedule. We'd like to play an Ivy every year. We had Princeton, but they dropped us when the contract ended. We were able to work out a 4-year contract with Cornell that has now been renewed. Some of the CU fans were very surprised that we agreed to play them in Ithaca when the 1st contract was signed.

The Blue Bloods have to stick together. Damn upstarts in the Midwest are ruining everything. :p

I would have zero issue with this. Gives our players a chance to run their sets with less pressure, build individual/team confidence, and learn how to finish games (all of this in theory, anyway). Perhaps less of of a physical and mental toll from having upper-echelon teams and needing to "rise up" weekly.

This is Syracuse Lacrosse. But as mentioned the offense will most likely be a work in progress while the season progresses.

I agree with you guys but don't you think that part of the reason kids come to Syracuse is to play top flight competition? It makes me sad that we might fear Albany and not want to schedule them.

Next year is going to be better than many think. There was so much self imposed pressure on the team last year. The last time we entered a campaign with a lot of unknowns we ended up winning back to back championships :)

I don't think we 'fear' them, but with the rest of our schedule (both in and out of conference), we really don't need another game like that. Stacking the schedule with A-listers reduces the chance to get some of the younger players some run. Because we know some of them aren't going to play vs. UVa/UNC/Duke/ND/Cornell/etc. Unfortunately, it's a lose-lose game. If we win, we're supposed to. If we lose, the 6 posters on here make this board look like the Football board does now. ;)

March 4 is Friday night, 5:30 pm.

Feb 14 and 21 still open. Cupcake and Albany/2nd cupcake?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom