3/26 @ Duke
4/2 Notre Dame
4/6 @ Hobart
4/12 @ Cornell
4/16 North Carolina
4/29-5/1 ACC Championships @ Kennesaw State
5/7 Colgate
5/14-5/30 NCAA Tournament

Shout out to Jesterlax at Laxpower who previously posted this.

If that schedule above holds very surprised SU didnt schedule one more cupcake type game. Playing with a bit of fire with a young team to not schedule out the max dates possible.

2/13 Siena
2/21 Albany
2/28 Army
3/5 @ Virginia
3/12 St John's
3/19 @ Johns Hopkins
3/26 @ Duke
4/2 Notre Dame
4/6 @ Hobart
4/12 @ Cornell
4/16 North Carolina
4/29-5/1 ACC Championships @ Kennesaw State
5/7 Colgate
5/14-5/30 NCAA Tournament

Shout out to Jesterlax at Laxpower who previously posted this.

UNACCEPTABLE.

We always play Hopkins the day of the St Paddys Day Parade.

leprechaun-1976.gif

Last years FF started on May 23, the 21st Saturday of the year.

This year's FF starts on May 28, the 22nd Saturday of the year.

Everything is a week later.

March 4 is Friday night, 5:30 pm.

Feb 14 and 21 still open. Cupcake and Albany/2nd cupcake?
Here's the UVa official schedule page.

It's probably on Friday because we're having another crazy basketball weekend. We're playing Louavul at home on Saturday, and the time is listed as TBA.

It's probably on Friday because we're having another crazy basketball weekend. We're playing Louavul at home on Saturday, and the time is listed as TBA.

It feels like this game has been a Friday night game many times in the past to get on to the game on ESPNU. I could be incorrect but I am fairly certain the legendary 1997 game with Casey Powell was on a Friday night in the Dome.

It feels like this game has been a Friday night game many times in the past to get on to the game on ESPNU. I could be incorrect but I am fairly certain the legendary 1997 game with Casey Powell was on a Friday night in the Dome.

Feb 28, 1997 was indeed a Friday.

And it wouldn't surprise me in the least if you guys had a home bball game scheduled for that Saturday in 1997. In 2014, we had the Syracuse-UVa doubleheader with bball at 4 and MLax at 7:30 and a home baseball game that Saturday as well. :eek:

And it wouldn't surprise me in the least if you guys had a home bball game scheduled for that Saturday in 1997. In 2014, we had the Syracuse-UVa doubleheader with bball at 4 and MLax at 7:30 and a home baseball game that Saturday as well. :eek:

Yeah, 2014 was a real fun time. Went to the hoop game. Lost. Had a couple of pops in the lot, walked over to Klockner. Lost again. Best part of the evening was having a hot toddy or 3 at the Boar's Head to end a miserable day.

Add to the 2016 schedule: Binghamton comes to the Dome on Wednesday, April 20. That brings the total regular schedule to 13 games.

If that schedule above holds very surprised SU didnt schedule one more cupcake type game. Playing with a bit of fire with a young team to not schedule out the max dates possible.

Bingo! ;)

Bingo! ;)

Lol excellent decision by Desko to get one additional game especially later in the year when a win could be needed. Made to much sense not to get another cupcake type game on there.

5:30 pm friday night is sort of nasty for Who and Orange fans is the DC area. That traffic on 66 can be bad on a friday afternoon.

A few quick thoughts.

Like the placement of Binghamton right before the ACC tourney, gives the team a chance to pick up two late wins if needed for the tourney (Colgate being the other).

Agreed that the 4pm start times seem very weird. Don't recall to many 4pm start times before. Though its better then the Sunday night game against Army last year that made zero sense.

Toughest stretch is clearly JHU, Duke, ND back to back to back. SU always plays a tough stretch but it would have been nice to break that up a little bit. The next three games after that Hobart, Cornell, UNC isn't exactly a picnic. 4 of those 6 games are on the road as well, less then ideal.

Not a huge fan of the Hobart game going back to a Tuesday night that early in April when its on the road. Hobart is running the risk of a weather related issue. Game has been played on Tuesday nights for years but usually later in April.

Going to be imperative that Syracuse is 4-1 after the first five games. Biggest potential roadblock outside of UVA obviously is probably Albany but Army is always a concern from a defensive standpoint when you have a young offense. To early to tell what Albany is going to look like without Thompson. Still a lot of firepower there but I suspect there going to miss Thompson a lot more then Scott Mar or their fanbase is willing to admit.

Unless its an oversight I like the fact that St. Johns is back at the Dome. After two straight years down in Georgia I don't really see the need to play there again for a while. With this being the even year schedule SU plays a ton of road games so getting one back in the Dome is a big plus.

Key for Syracuse is going to be the ability to get a win or even 2 against the three game juggernaut of Hop, Duke, ND. Best bets are probably Hop and ND, I don't think SU matches up well with Duke this year. Good news is that most of Duke's offense is in their final season including Jones, Class etc.

If SU goes O fer in that three game stretch noted above or is just struggling in general the end stretch of Hobart, Cornell, North Carolina, Binghamton offers plenty of opportunity. The first three teams much like Syracuse lost a lot to graduation and its not unrealistic to think SU could go 3-1 or even 4-0.

Not that I should be surprised, another schedule made for those who live in upstate NY or Baltimore and south.

I sure do miss the old days.

Not that I should be surprised, another schedule made for those who live in upstate NY or Baltimore and south.

With the death of the faceoff classic and the other similar setups there isn't as much Lax played down that way. Especially with Princeton and Rutgers off the schedule for the foreseeable future.

Good news is you should get a game at St. Johns this year and I think Providence is likely to come on the schedule at some point .

Its a hike but you could always do a game at Homewood.

Maybe you need to move?

I wonder if all these 4 PM games are doubleheaders with the Women's team.

Sun Feb 21, SU Women vs Wagner at Noon, and Marist at 7:30 PM

Sun Feb 28, SU Women vs Northwestern at Noon

Sat March 12, SU Women vs Maryland at Noon

Sat April 16, SU Women vs North Carolina at Noon

Key for Syracuse is going to be the ability to get a win or even 2 against the three game juggernaut of Hop, Duke, ND. Best bets are probably Hop and ND, I don't think SU matches up well with Duke this year. Good news is that most of Duke's offense is in their final season including Jones, Class etc.

Jones did very little in the match up in the Dome but had a nice stretch run in the ACC title game. Hopefully we are up for the challenge!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom