2016 Yankees | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Yankees

Keeping Ref away from right hand pitchers isn't helping anyone. They must see him against all kinds of pitchers It for damn sure that the players normally on the field suck at the plate when any kind of pitcher is throwing the ball to their catchers. The new goldenly AaronHicks isn't anywhere near valuable besides his throwing arm from the outfield. Personally I'm sick of Teixiera' annual slow start OK great glove and when he gets into a "groove he hits long balls.Elsbury seems to choke with RISP.Castro sits today because he has caught norunitis plague of the NY YankeesOH& BTW Nothing is more out dated than "Those DamnYankees. The damn draft has robbed the fan base across this country to hate the Yankees and THAT has hurt the game as well as our team.
I want to respond to my post to add that the NYYankees coming into town meant sellouts for those away games. Not any moreMLB has managed to beat down the NYY franchise to mediocrity The big market teams should be allowed to use their market share to manage themselves in the free market. Now its a fabricated forced leveling of the teams in the two leagues. Baseball continues to decline as the "great American pass-time".

All I know is, they won't go 162-0 or 0-162. Let's hope they can surprise folks since the "everyone's" expectations of their doing well are somewhere between "low" and "no".
Well the "NO" as inno offense is riding the same pony today 06-01-16

Yankees -16 Houston - 6

Well it seems the Yankees old timers still have some pop in their bats. Recap and box score: Castro, Teixeira power Yankees to 16-6 win over Astros

Pineda ends up with a 10.80 ERA and the win. Castro a homerun and 5 RBIs, Tex a homer and 4 RBIs. Nova with 4scoreless innings in relief for the save. McHugh, Houston pitcher, last only 0.1 inning and leaves with a 135.00 ERA...ouch!!
A bunch of old players on the field might be better rhan watching this collection boredom INC. I rest my case for tonight . THEY EFFN SUCK!

Baseball continues to decline as the "great American pass-time".
I think the MLB product (not the marketing) is as good as it has ever been. There is competitive balance and many young stars. The offensive decline has lead to closer games and faster play. It is a great time for outsiders to sample the game. Of course, MLB has a long way to go to transition back from a regional to a national sport.

I want to respond to my post to add that the NYYankees coming into town meant sellouts for those away games. Not any moreMLB has managed to beat down the NYY franchise to mediocrity The big market teams should be allowed to use their market share to manage themselves in the free market. Now its a fabricated forced leveling of the teams in the two leagues. Baseball continues to decline as the "great American pass-time".
The Yankees have hamstrung themselves by carrying a load of albatross contracts and not developing their minor league players. I have never seen a team so inept at teaching fundamentals and working with prospects in the early years in the "system".

Is it time to part ways with Girardi and Cashman?
I don't see Girardi as a problem. I don't think his decisions lose games and he seems to keep the team on an even keel.

Cashman is hard to judge because I don't know which decisions are his. The organization seems to lack vision. They are somewhere between a "win at all costs" and "build a winner responsibly" philosophy. A few years back, the Steinbrenners said they were committed to getting under the luxury tax threshold, which I fully supported. They abandoned those plans quickly. Cashman has creatively put together a solid pitching staff, which should keep this team competitive into the future.

The team might be on the verge of missing its third postseason in four years, but the team is competitive every year; I think it will be this year as well. I don't love either Cashman or Girardi, but I don't see a reason to let these guys go. I don't think fans can reasonably expect the Yankees to return to the dominance of the late 90s. The league is far too balanced for that now.

no. not at all.

this is really not eithers problem.

at a minimum, certainly not Girardi's.

but some of Cashman's signings...DLsbury & Hicks jump at me (I don't have a problem with Headley) do.

Arod is the Steinbrenners fault but he still has power and Tex was $$ well spent when he was younger. hell, even last year he was killing it, but I have no Fn clue what has happened to him this year.

the problem is...whole team is the Dead Bat Society.

add Gardy, Castro, McCann's name to everyone listed above and we get this mess.

the Yankee Tax is coming back to haunt because teams are now using that $$ to keep their studs from reaching free agency and 20 years of dominance has, as we all know, made for a weak minor league pipeline.

cant believe im longing for the good ole days of Chris Young off the bench...

I posed it as a question because I'm really not that sure myself. I've been a supporter of Girardi, but lately I've been losing a bit of faith. Some of his moves on resting some players I question. Why can they not find a hitting coach who can teach players to go the opposite way against the shift? With the way the lineup is constituted, why can't they play small ball when needed? Why can't Didi bunt?! Maybe when they get out from under the A-Rod, and Teixeira contracts is the time. I figured that they'd struggle this year, but they aren't even that enjoyable to watch. Luckily I like the Cubs and they are a blast to watch. Makes the Extra Innings package worthwhile. The farm system, which seemed to be heading in a positive direction for the first time in awhile, seems to been stuck in the mud as well. It's frustrating to watch pitchers pitch well for 5 or 6 innings, only to have 1 inning doom them because the offense can't score runs. The back end of the bullpen is only an asset if you can get to it with the lead.

no. not at all.

this is really not eithers problem.

at a minimum, certainly not Girardi's.

but some of Cashman's signings...DLsbury & Hicks jump at me (I don't have a problem with Headley) do.

Arod is the Steinbrenners fault but he still has power and Tex was $$ well spent when he was younger. hell, even last year he was killing it, but I have no Fn clue what has happened to him this year.

the problem is...whole team is the Dead Bat Society.

add Gardy, Castro, McCann's name to everyone listed above and we get this mess.

the Yankee Tax is coming back to haunt because teams are now using that $$ to keep their studs from reaching free agency and 20 years of dominance has, as we all know, made for a weak minor league pipeline.

cant believe im longing for the good ole days of Chris Young off the bench...

Yeah, that's the worst part of this. The contracts are subsidizing the other teams because of the tax.

There's no way out of it but to wait it out, and not get sucked in by the David Price's of the world (2nd part was solved).

If it's going to be a .500 team scoring as many runs as the under .300 Twins, then there's no sense overpaying for it so the Royals and Pirates can be playoff teams. The least the fans of those teams could do is thank us. If I were a Royals fan, I'd be giving each Yankee a standing ovation. Treat them all like a Rivera/Jeter exit year celebration.

The Yankees have hamstrung themselves by carrying a . . . . load of albatross contracts and not developing their minor league players. I have never seen a team so inept at teaching fundamentals and working with prospects in the early years in the "system".
This is true but those"prospects" that had the start up talent were and are (few and far between).Jeter types and talent don't stay long enough for the team to latch on to the. I like the super scout guys like the one who spotted Mikey Mantle and a few others. The system was designed for helping the poorer teams catch up to the big boys. The system wasn't thought out whats happening now is defeating the purpose. The Yanks will never finish dead last so that number one pick is merely unattainable unless perhaps the teams are allowed to trade their picks for cash and or players. There might even be a legal issue involved but I'm not an attorney southeast out.

Giardi can only play with what is given to him. Breakable geezers and no clutch hitting by over paid players like Jacoby isn't Joe's fault Tex having to play half a season before he can hit to his numbers is ridiculous. Give Tex a QO and let him go Pick up a draft pic that might be valuable down the road.Aaron Hicks isn't Joe's fault. He isn't totally worthless. N one on a ML team is totally worth less. There are a couple farm players that can flat out give more than some on the 25 man roster. No, not Judge quite yet.

The Yankees went 16 - 13 in May. With the team's solid pitching, that is probably close to what one can expect long-term. Without a disastrous injury to Tanaka, this team can win somewhere between 85 and 89 games. They can be in the hunt for that last wild card until the end.

The Yankees went 16 - 13 in May. With the team's solid pitching, that is probably close to what one can expect long-term. Without a disastrous injury to Tanaka, this tThat might happen as you say but getting there isn't going to be fun to watch if the batters don'y begin to make games interesting .Yesterday was fun,not just because they won.We had the kid i.e.Refsynder contribute both in the field and at the plate. A nice 4-63-DP and a hustle double is starting to convince the team that he belongs on the team as an all around contributor.Beltran in right field is a gamble at best His bat puts him there but as we saw his fielding is allowing runs to score for the opposition like the first run off of Pineda.

Yankees PR Dept. ‏@YankeesPR
ROSTER MOVES: Today the Yankees placed 1B Mark Teixeira on the 15-day disabled list with a right knee articular cartilage tear, signed to a Major League contract and selected INF Chris Parmelee from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, and transferred INF/OF Dustin Ackley to the 60-day disabled list.

Yankees PR Dept. ‏@YankeesPR
ROSTER MOVES: Today the Yankees placed 1B Mark Teixeira on the 15-day disabled list with a right knee articular cartilage tear, signed to a Major League contract and selected INF Chris Parmelee from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, and transferred INF/OF Dustin Ackley to the 60-day disabled list.
Sounds like Tex won't be back anytime soon.

I generally agree with that. It feels like this team will have to stay very healthy in the rotation and everyday lineup to really achieve. Not confident that will happen, given the injury history and age on some of these guys. It will be a lot like watching JB play 6 or 7 guys and hoping nobody gets hurt.
It appears as though Tex will once aging on the DL. I serious don't think that he returns next year as a Yankee Bird will be the presumptive 1st baseman. If he plays well he will be there for a long while. They will give him a QO and wait for some team to bite

Tex may need season ending surgery if treatment not successful.
Yankees hoping Teixeira can avoid season-ending surgery
Thats OK he pretty much has lost all value to the Yankees and fans at this point his glove isn't enough to keep him unless he were to coach the position which he do from a wheelchair if necessary. Of course there is the real possibility he suffers a shoulder strain wheeling it out to first.

Yeah, Tex is done. Even if he isn't really done. McCann and Bird can handle 1b in the future.

Yeah, Tex is done. Even if he isn't really done. McCann and Bird can handle 1b in the future.
You forgot that Rob Refsynder player there yesterday. He is making him self very valuable to the franchise by playing the OF,2nd base and 1st while being a better hitter than some of the high price talent on the 25 man roster. Bird comes back next season and his gove and bat will put him the lead player there at 1st.

Wait a minute! You mean CaliCuse isn't just an alias Brian Cashman uses to post trial balloons of potential roster moves and trades on the board?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Danbyou figured it, and here I was trying to be inconspicuous and shy/withdrawn.

Oh ,Have you heard that MÇann is day to day with an elbow issue. Romine will see more duty until Brian returns shortly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom