2016 Yankees | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Yankees

I think they're going to find Swish with voodoo dolls of all these guys.

jobu1.jpg

Maybe they can trade for Joe Mauer. With two more seasons on his contract, maybe the Twins will be willing to take less or share some of the salary.

A-Rod has another year on his contract and isn't going anywhere, as he can still hit if he doesn't break down. Enjoy Beltran while you can, as he won't be resigned and might even be moved if the Yankees decide to throw in the towel at some point later this season.
I think there was a report about him wanting to retire moonlike AFTER this season. I don't see Hicks being the regular right fielder with his offense. They might finally give Aaron Judge a long look or go with Cave or another kid and wind trading Judge. But they had better get a lot in return if they trade away the next Dave Winfield as some have described him.

Yankees select Blake Rutherford with the 18th pick, a left-handed hitting HS OF from Chaminade College Prep. UCLA commit, compared to Edmonds, G. Sizemore.

Yankees select 2B Nick Solak from Louisville with their 2nd round pick (62nd overall)

Yankees select Blake Rutherford with the 18th pick, a left-handed hitting HS OF from Chaminade College Prep. UCLA commit, compared to Edmonds, G. Sizemore.

Yankees select 2B Nick Solak from Louisville with their 2nd round pick (62nd overall)
Blake Rutherford on the face of his stats and video seems to be very good addition to the farm Judge system and has a chance to move up fast if he shows well. He might catch up to Judge on the Yankees farm board.I think that Beltran is leaving the game after this year leaving a spot in right field Hicks has the defense tool but has yet to show anything with his bat. Judge has hit a bit of a stall in his progression and getting Rutherford may give the Yanks an edge in thinking that a big trade would benefit them a grate deal. I am NOT advocating a Judge trade. He still could be a super star . He has tremendous power and a rifle for an arm. He needs to stay on the pitch and make contact more often. That is coachable.BTW,I've noticed that Didi is to one again upper cutting his swing. Last year he seemed to have corrected this flaw. Keep the swing through the strike zone as long as possible.

Maybe they can trade for Joe Mauer. With two more seasons on his contract, maybe the Twins will be willing to take less or share some of the salary.

Steep amount on that contract, $23M per year over 2.5 years.

Plus he has a full no trade clause. Lifelong Minnesotan (if that's what they're called), strikes me as someone who doesn't want to live anywhere else, even temporarily.

What's Carlos Pena up to? He's always at his best when someone brings him back from the dead.

Steep amount on that contract, $23M per year over 2.5 years.

Plus he has a full no trade clause. Lifelong Minnesotan (if that's what they're called), strikes me as someone who doesn't want to live anywhere else, even temporarily.
yeah, I'm just grasping at straws.

The fact that the mets snagged both loney and johnson...Is quite annoying.

would love to take the rubber match here. if evoldi doesn't go deep, start up the Scranton shuttle.
Chad Green on the way to Scranton to make way for Ike Davis.Cashman trying hard to syop the blood coming out of an artery with a bandaid. The Yanks must part with A-Hole and possibly bring up Judge for right handed power and a little excitement for the fans next season.They must find a third baseman who can hit consistently.I think its very telling that on the Yankee main page they show a video of Headley getting a base hit and driving in (a) run as the only run in the game. The Steinbrenner kids are worthless.Absolutely no George in themas in personality and determination to make the Yankees great again. No effn Dump jokes allowed here.

Chad Green on the way to Scranton to make way for Ike Davis.Cashman trying hard to syop the blood coming out of an artery with a bandaid. The Yanks must part with A-Hole and possibly bring up Judge for right handed power and a little excitement for the fans next season.They must find a third baseman who can hit consistently.I think its very telling that on the Yankee main page they show a video of Headley getting a base hit and driving in (a) run as the only run in the game. The Steinbrenner kids are worthless.Absolutely no George in themas in personality and determination to make the Yankees great again. No effn Dump jokes allowed here.
i take personal pride in being 1 of the reasons why Ike Davis drank his way out of NY when he was a met, but i can assure you all...i wont help him bend an elbow now and ill be informing numerous bartenders to lay off the heavy pour.

judge cant hit at AAA, he wont be here soon.

Headley is hitting .297 3 11 in his last 30 games with a .357 OBP and .465 SLG with a A- level glove. he hasn't been a problem since April.

agree that there should be no talk about the worst candidate in history...the bitchwitch, here on the OT sports board.

I really liked the Castro trade from the Yankees side of things. The biggest piece they gave up was Warren, and they plugged a gaping hole at 2nd base with a 26 year old All Star. They'll be getting out from under some big contracts (CC,Tex, A-Rod, Beltran) in the next year or two as well. I'm not sure they'll make the playoffs this year, but with the farm system starting to show signs of life again, they are setting themselves up to be much stronger in the near future. That is unless they pull a typical Yankee move and sign a past his prime 38 year old OF/DH again. That's always a strong possibility.
Future trades must be as valuable to this franchise as the Castro deal.Conjecture now is that Chapman gets put on the table as he will be a free agent and the cost to the Yankees might be prohibitive. If this is true Cashman had better get a SUPER DEAL and t he hates kid out of Cuba should be a priority of the Yankees as he is a third baseman.Îeal Headley if thats at all possible. Letting Tex go and going with Bird is worth the gamble and Davis is here now but I'm thinking he may be a stretch as well. Perhaps not as bad as Hicks. Hicks provides excellent defense in th e out field positions but defense must be balanced with offense and that we all know is lacking.

i take personal pride in being 1 of the reasons why Ike Davis drank his way out of NY when he was a met, but i can assure you all...i wont help him bend an elbow now and ill be informing numerous bartenders to lay off the heavy pour.

judge cant hit at AAA, he wont be here soon.

Headley is hitting .297 3 11 in his last 30 games with a .357 OBP and .465 SLG with a A- level glove. he hasn't been a problem since April.

agree that there should be no talk about the worst candidate in history...the bitchwitch, here on the OT sports board.

You knew Ike Davis?

You knew Ike Davis?
Watching Davi' at bat yesterday was sad. He looked like polo player just given a bat and told to get into the batter's box and told to try hitting the ball thats being throw to the person behind you. In other words his swing hardly looked like a pro baseball player with experience.Didi's home run was interesting for couple reasons. His upper cut swing wasn't nearly pronounced as it was. In fact it was smooth and since it wasn't pronounced he kept the bat through the zone for second longer and it the ball for a long ride at 376' away from home plate.At some point in the future some one in Yankee land will want to think about Mateo in the majors and the question about Didi will emerge and if third base is still a problem and Îidi continues to improve with his hitting,they can make Didi move to third and put the great field Mateo at SS That may be aways from consideration but Mateo is already a big league fielder and stolen base extreme threat. He needs to slap the ball more to all fields and make this a big pat of his offense. this will happen and Cashman must be losing the confidence of the Steinbrenner family considering how this team is playing. George would have brought Billy back somehow and robaly put Stick Michael back as the GM. Farm players doing well would have been brought up by now. It was George who insisted that both Derek and Thurmon be put on the active roster early and both excelled . Yes both were extraordinary players.

unfortunately Derek and Thurman were the exceptions. George traded away so much talent in the 1980's. His suspension was the best thing that happened to the Yankees.

unfortunately Derek and Thurman were the exceptions. George traded away so much talent in the 1980's. His suspension was the best thing that happened to the Yankees.
Still can't believe they traded Jay Buhner for Ken Phelps lol! On a side note that Seinfeld episode when Georges dad gives Stein a hard time for that trade is hysterical.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom