2016 Yankees | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Yankees

Have a month, Didi...

CmOm-hkUkAEiE7Z

What a difference less than a day can make.

This run up to the trade deadline and the looming "buy or sell" decision really has me living and dying with each game. It feels kind of like a pennant race, only it is July.

This run up to the trade deadline and the looming "buy or sell" decision really has me living and dying with each game. It feels kind of like a pennant race, only it is July.
my guess is Chapman to the Cubs and that's it.

they wont trade to anyone in the AL, so that makes Beltran useless as a chip.

it could be miller, but the smart $$ move is Chapman.

and the Cubs could go for broke and move the most prospects.

Theo wins 1 WS and nobody will give a shlit if the entire minor league is gone.

and he calls up the Hall and says hed like to go in next August.

If the Yankees sell, then I hope they sell anything and everything with trade-value. Trading only Chapman would be a half-assed approach. If they are giving up on the season, I don't know why they wouldn't trade within the American League.

If the Yankees sell, then I hope they sell anything and everything with trade-value. Trading only Chapman would be a half-assed approach. If they are giving up on the season, I don't know why they wouldn't trade within the American League.
You don't give up because you will only be the wildcard.

They're 1, 9 game losing streak or whatever from being in a much much different spot.

And bottom line, nobody is giving them anything.

It will be chapman, not only because he's expendable, but because nobody will want dlsbury, gardy, chase, hicks, nova, eovoldi, Tex or McCann.

Maybe Beltran to the NL as I said, but they're not helping an AL team and can he really play the field? What will they get??

Chapman will bring something...and they can say they tried.

Trade Chapman to the Cubs.

Cubbies rent him for the rest of the season.

Then the Yanks can sign him back for 2017. :p

The big trade month is here as well as the countdown for some NYY.Evoldi is probably number one on the list. Nova will answer his status tonight. I'm not sure which every day players might bewaring new uniforms come August.

Nick Swisher ‏@NickSwisher
After the birth of my second child, I’ve decided to take a step back and spend the rest of this season with my wife and two daughters. Make no mistake, I am not hanging it up. I love this game with the same amount of passion that I had as a rookie 12 years ago. I want to thank the @Yankees for giving me the opportunity to return to the organization that I love so much and wish them nothing but success for the rest of 2016. Despite not being at the ballpark every day, I will continue to train on a daily basis and evaluate my options for next season at the appropriate time.

Nick Swisher ‏@NickSwisher
After the birth of my second child, I’ve decided to take a step back and spend the rest of this season with my wife and two daughters. Make no mistake, I am not hanging it up. I love this game with the same amount of passion that I had as a rookie 12 years ago. I want to thank the @Yankees for giving me the opportunity to return to the organization that I love so much and wish them nothing but success for the rest of 2016. Despite not being at the ballpark every day, I will continue to train on a daily basis and evaluate my options for next season at the appropriate time.
Always been a Swisher fan. Wish they would have given him a shot this year. Thought he'd be good for the clubhouse. Those knees must really limit his mobility. Hope he gives it another shot next season.

You don't give up because you will only be the wildcard.

They're 1, 9 game losing streak or whatever from being in a much much different spot.

And bottom line, nobody is giving them anything.

It will be chapman, not only because he's expendable, but because nobody will want dlsbury, gardy, chase, hicks, nova, eovoldi, Tex or McCann.

Maybe Beltran to the NL as I said, but they're not helping an AL team and can he really play the field? What will they get??

Chapman will bring something...and they can say they tried.
There are still a few weeks to go before the Yankees have to decide if they are buyers or sellers. After two losses to the Padres, I am starting to lean towards selling, but I am not there yet. I hope they do fully-commit one way or another. If they are not giving up on the season, then they cannot trade Chapman. If they do sell, then they need to sell everything they can to whomever they can. The Yankees have traded within the American League many times over the years. I do not see that being an issue if they are truly sellers.

The idea that teams would ask more from the Yankees than other teams is absurd. Wasn't that a big CuseHulk talking point?

Miller, Chapman, and Beltran are obviously their big-ticket items. It is possible they could receive some interest for Gardner. Sabathia would have to approve a trade and since the 2017 clause looks like it will kick-in, he is owed a lot of money next year. Pineda and Eovaldi are possibilities I suppose, but if either shows anything in July, I think the Yankees will keep them as they are only eligible for arbitration next year. If Teixeira has a good July, there might be some interest, but he would have to approve a trade as well. The Yankees would basically have to pay a team to take A-Rod.

There are still a few weeks to go before the Yankees have to decide if they are buyers or sellers. After two losses to the Padres, I am starting to lean towards selling, but I am not there yet. I hope they do fully-commit one way or another. If they are not giving up on the season, then they cannot trade Chapman. If they do sell, then they need to sell everything they can to whomever they can. The Yankees have traded within the American League many times over the years. I do not see that being an issue if they are truly sellers.

The idea that teams would ask more from the Yankees than other teams is absurd. Wasn't that a big CuseHulk talking point?

Miller, Chapman, and Beltran are obviously their big-ticket items. It is possible they could receive some interest for Gardner. Sabathia would have to approve a trade and since the 2017 clause looks like it will kick-in, he is owed a lot of money next year. Pineda and Eovaldi are possibilities I suppose, but if either shows anything in July, I think the Yankees will keep them as they are only eligible for arbitration next year. If Teixeira has a good July, there might be some interest, but he would have to approve a trade as well. The Yankees would basically have to pay a team to take A-Rod.
Miller is far and away the biggest chip, as he is as dominant a short man as there is in the game and he is under contract through 2018. But he will still be a big chip in the off-season and into 2017 and beyond.

Chapman only has value to the Yankees through this 2016, unless they decide to offer him a deal. He could bring back a top prospect from a team like the Cubs, but the clock is ticking.

I'm not sure Beltran would bring back too much, particularly given his fragile health.

Sweeny Murti ‏@YankeesWFAN
Eovaldi will be Girardi's 7th-8th inning man today. Miller, Betances unavailable today. Eovaldi out of the pen rest of this week

Chad Green is starting on Friday. Eovaldi expected back in rotation in second half.

This leads to a discussion of the philosophy of how the team is built. We have players like ARod and Tex who are much closer to the end of their careers than the beginning and we're starting to see some younger players worked in. When do we complete the generational turnover and start playing more of the younger players and start signing free agents who are younger than 35? Bryce Harper, c'mon down!
Speaking of old and near their career endI think that CC's body will only breakdown at a faster rate. I another team wants him make a deal. If he is being looked at as a hiend contributor for next season its a mistake, The Yankees have some good arms in the farmSpeaking of which one of them is Luis Severino who should be doing better down there. It appears that pitching coaches aren't any better down there than the big club. Its time that Larry Riothchild retires to a peasefullocation down south or an ocean view home here in the west.

This leads to a discussion of the philosophy of how the team is built. We have players like ARod and Tex who are much closer to the end of their careers than the beginning and we're starting to see some younger players worked in. When do we complete the generational turnover and start playing more of the younger players and start signing free agents who are younger than 35? Bryce Harper, c'mon down!
Speaking of old and near their career endI think that CC's body will only breakdown at a faster rate. I another team wants him make a deal. If he is being looked at as a hiend contributor for next season its a mistake, The Yankees have some good arms in the farmSpeaking of which one of them is Luis Severino who should be doing better down there. It appears that pitching coaches aren't any better down there than the big club. Its time that Larry
Have a month, Didi...

CmOm-hkUkAEiE7Z
Didi has a huge fast swing but I still don't think thats the way he should go in the future. Level out that swing and go for average an XBHs
retires to a peaceful location down south or an ocean view home here in the west. I recumbent this state for a whole lot of reasons. Number one is that I'm here . Come say hello. Beer and pizza is the preferred diet and provided,it will be.

and the Cubs could go for broke and move the most prospects.

Theo wins 1 WS and nobody will give a shlit if the entire minor league is gone.

and he calls up the Hall and says hed like to go in next August.
One of the reports have "suggested that McCann could be a trade chip. Considering Romine's development and a couple highly regarded catchers in the farm that are making noise. No Sanchez isn't one of them. Torrens and one whose name I can't spell or remember at this time.Brian McCann would or should bring a very high return.

One of the reports have "suggested that McCann could be a trade chip. Considering Romine's development and a couple highly regarded catchers in the farm that are making noise. No Sanchez isn't one of them. Torrens and one whose name I can't spell or remember at this time.Brian McCann would or should bring a very high return.
i would move him for sure.

and i have heard that, but nothing substantial so i left him off. he is owed some $$ and that would mean sanchez comes right up. torrens has already missed a year and a half and im not sure who else you mean, i know nobody else is close. the guy at Trenton is a work in progress.

He has three more years (17M, 17M, & 15M). I do not think there will be takers, although he is still one of the three best catchers in the AL.
yeah, that's more of an off season trade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom