2016 Yankees | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Yankees

He has three more years (17M, 17M, & 15M). I do not think there will be takers, although he is still one of the three best catchers in the AL.

Final one is club option though, right? Although can switch to player option if he meets some targets.

He also has a full no trade.

I need to get me a baseball contract. They are so player friendly.

Final one is club option though, right? Although can switch to player option if he meets some targets.

one of those facebook ads that link you to a slideshow, that helps pass the time when youre on the loo, err i mean the bus...had a comparison for the top 32 NFL QBs by salary and a comparable salary to a NBA guy.

cant remember any ones now, but there was a lot of bonafide NFL QBs who make as much as some scrub getting 15mins a night going 4-1-2.

The player's union has done very well for themAfter years of stepping on the players the tide is now with the players. There needs to be a compromise but the players will go on strike again if their side is squeezed in any way. thats the last thing baseball needs
It would be great if we posted most of our Yankees stuff in this thread this season.

Now we just need to get Cali to cooperate. :D
TheYankee fans here make it hard by not starting any threads. Didi has emerged as one surprise play. He is hitting at nearly .300 BA and double digit home runs number Sat 26 his career is just beginning to heat uo. Rob Refsynder continues to show he belongs on the 25 man roster. Bring up Judge and get a good look at him If he flops he goes down knowing what he needs to do If he becomes a big hit,no pun he becomes valuable if Beltran is traded or retires. Send him to a contender . He deserves this.Hicks runs into a pitch not nearly often enough. I know they love his POTENTIAL but at some point you gotta admit he isn't Yankee material.

Yankees need to sit Arod, trade (impossible most likely) or release him. Put Beltran at DH or trade him and bring up Judge.

A-Rod on the bench already seems like the plan.
Off the team would be better. Pay him off and let the Yankees be the Yankees.See also Beltran and Texiera. Make Ashman pay for those bloated contracts on broken geezers. Send him and those players packing Might as well include CÇ even though he has been a surprise THIS YEAR.I don't expect him to get younger or in better shape. Let the farm show what it has like with Refsynder Judge for starters. Include Ackley in the by by parade.He showed nothing before he was injured.Aaron Hicks is a What

Chad Green should get an invite to San Diego to pitch on Monday.

CaliCuse said:
Off the team would be better. Pay him off and let the Yankees be the Yankees.See also Beltran and Texiera. Make Ashman pay for those bloated contracts on broken geezers. Send him and those players packing Might as well include CÇ even though he has been a surprise THIS YEAR.I don't expect him to get younger or in better shape. Let the farm show what it has like with Refsynder Judge for starters. Include Ackley in the by by parade.He showed nothing before he was injured.Aaron Hicks is a What

Beltran?!?!?

Mark Feinsand ‏@FeinsandNYDN
Judge's MRI taken showed a mild PCL sprain and a bone bruise of the left knee. No baseball activities for an undetermined amount of time.

Girardi said he heard Judge will be out "three or four weeks."

:(

Last edited:
Okay. We're at what's roughly the halfway point. We've got a .500 record.

Where do we go from here? Do we clean house and start playing kids or buy some chances at making the wild-card, based on the idea any postseason play is better than no postseason play? (In CFB it's known as, "Being in a terrible bowl game is still better than being in no bowl game.")

Okay. We're at what's roughly the halfway point. We've got a .500 record.

Where do we go from here? Do we clean house and start playing kids or buy some chances at making the wild-card, based on the idea any postseason play is better than no postseason play? (In CFB it's known as, "Being in a terrible bowl game is still better than being in no bowl game.")
I am going to wait for the end of this next ten game stretch before I decide. There is no hurry. At the moment, they are 5.5 games in back of the second wild card with five other teams in front of them. That is not a rosy picture.

No matter what the Yankees decide to do, I hope they fully commit. If they decide to sell, I hope they sell everything they can. Trading only Chapman will not please me.

If they decide to chase the playoffs, then I hope they attempt to improve the current roster significantly. To truly compete, I think they would have to add two really good hitters and at least a middle of the rotation starting pitcher. That's probably not realistic. Adding just Chase Headley and Martin Prado types of players won't be enough.

Am I the only one that would not be that disappointed if the Yankees went 4-6 or worse in the next 10 games?

Would love for them to go 7-3 or better...but anything in between 4-6 or worse or 7-3 better would just prolong the indecision...

Am I the only one that would not be that disappointed if the Yankees went 4-6 or worse in the next 10 games?

Would love for them to go 7-3 or better...but anything in between 4-6 or worse or 7-3 better would just prolong the indecision...
I want them to win ten in a row and then trade for Ryan Braun, Andrew McCutchen, and Julio Teheran. ;)

proxy.jpg

We really are a spoiled fan base. I laugh when Yankee fans talk about the suffering they've had to endure. I was born in 1976. The Yankees have had five losing seasons in my lifetime (82 & 89 - 92). Yankee fans under 30 years old, probably don't even remember a losing season.
Been a fan since 1986 when I was 8 years old. Remember watching my first game when I became a fan. Yankees lost to the Blue Jays 15-1. Remember it like yesterday.

We really are a spoiled fan base. I laugh when Yankee fans talk about the suffering they've had to endure. I was born in 1976. The Yankees have had five losing seasons in my lifetime (82 & 89 - 92). Yankee fans under 30 years old, probably don't even remember a losing season.

We went 80-82 in 1973, and 80-81 in 1969. Anything earlier than that is ancient history to me. ;)

A lot of 3rd and 4th place finishes.

Yikes, Chapman popped a 105 tonight against Baltimore.

Then a neat play happened. On the next pitch, the O's batter breaks his bat on a roller to second. And then the broken barrel, bounding along right with the ball, hits it a second time, slowing it down. But Castro stays on it and gets the batter by a step. Pretty cool play!

Last edited:
It is an interesting time to be a Yankee fan. Trade rumors are swirling. The team is playing for its season during this 10-game home stand. I am dialed-in like it's October.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom