2016 Yankees | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Yankees

It is an interesting time to be a Yankee fan. Trade rumors are swirling. The team is playing for its season during this 10-game home stand. I am dialed-in like it's October.
Me too. I want them to get younger, yet I know I'll be disappointed if they trade a few specific players that I like.

The Yankees would be insane to trade Milller. Guy is under control through 2018 with a pretty reasonable contact considering how lights out he has been. He should be untouchable.

The Yankees would be insane to trade Milller. Guy is under control through 2018 with a pretty reasonable contact considering how lights out he has been. He should be untouchable.

Understand...however they could basically pillage another team's farm system for him...really tough decision regarding Miller...

Understand...however they could basically pillage another team's farm system for him...really tough decision regarding Miller...
Yes, a top team positioned to contend for the next few years might be willing to send back a couple high-end major league ready prospects for Miller, or maybe more. The Yankees need to actively pursue those opportunities. Even if they decide to hold on to Miller, those kind of opportunities will still be there in the off-season.

Eh, he is a reliever. Finding late inning relievers is something at which this organization has been very good.

Eh, he is a reliever. Finding late inning relievers is something at which this organization has been very good.

Miller is an elite relieve who can set up, close, and pitch against righties and lefties. There are very few of those guys around. I would definitely keep him around barring an astronomical asking price being met.

Miller is an elite relieve who can set up, close, and pitch against righties and lefties. There are very few of those guys around. I would definitely keep him around barring an astronomical asking price being met.
I'd trade him for the right price. The Yankees had arguably the most elite reliever of all-time and he basically hasn't been missed.

If you can flip him for a few young guys who will fill holes and project as high-end players, IMO you do it. Miller is fantastic, but he's unlikely to remain this dominant for much longer. As donniesyracuse said up above, the Yankees have been pretty good at developing or acquiring short relievers.

I'd trade him for the right price. The Yankees had arguably the most elite reliever of all-time and he basically hasn't been missed.

While that maybe true the Yankees also lucked into the fact that Robertson was able to step right in and then after his one year they had Betances waiting in the wings and signed Miller. I know it feels like relievers go on trees for the Yanks but I am telling you if the Yankees trade Miller and Chapman and Goody and the other Lefty become the bridge to Betances your going to see how difficult it is to get a lockdown back of the bullpen.

If you can flip him for a few young guys who will fill holes and project as high-end players, IMO you do it. Miller is fantastic, but he's unlikely to remain this dominant for much longer. As donniesyracuse said up above, the Yankees have been pretty good at developing or acquiring short relievers.

Miller is what 30 or 31? He could be this dominant for another 5+ years. If were not getting Schwarber back its not worth it.

While that maybe true the Yankees also lucked into the fact that Robertson was able to step right in and then after his one year they had Betances waiting in the wings and signed Miller. I know it feels like relievers go on trees for the Yanks but I am telling you if the Yankees trade Miller and Chapman and Goody and the other Lefty become the bridge to Betances your going to see how difficult it is to get a lockdown back of the bullpen.
They can resign Chapman or sign someone else in the off-season. If one is willing to spend money, they actually do grow on trees.

They can resign Chapman or sign someone else in the off-season. If one is willing to spend money, they actually do grow on trees.

Are they going to be willing to give Chapman a huge deal that he will command? Yankees haven't spent a ton in FA the last few years. No problem flipping chapman this year if they decide to sell but I would prefer to keep Miller, just to valuable.

They didn't luck into Robertson.

And as this season has shown to this point, even having three elite closers at the back end of your bullpen doesn't guarantee anything if you have gaping holes elsewhere.

This team was only 2 games over .500 once before, when they were 4-2 on April 12.

Sabathia today...day game...

Loved the bunt by Beltran last night...wish more players would do that against the shift...too bad they only got one run as a result of the bases loaded...

Somehow, this team is actually 40-30 since falling to 8-16 on May 3. If they play out the remaining 68 games at that pace (certainly not unreasonable), they would finish 87-75.

Would that be enough for a wild card spot? Probably not, but it would be close.

Playing for the wild card in today's setup isn't worth it.
I think if you can get in (not saying they can), then you go for it. It's pretty much dumb-luck whatever happens after that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom