2016 Yankees | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Yankees

Hicks is hurt too. Swisher likely gets the call up, does relatively well and beats his June 15 deadline. I wouldn't be surprised to see him stick beyond this year, so they can break Bird in slowly next year as Tex's replacement (assuming they don't resign Tex).
yeah, I forgot about hicks. that actually puts a crimp in my idea. I was thinking with the everyday DH out, they could start giving guys a rest more regularly, including Beltran...but if theres no Hicks, ole Carlos is going to have give the Yanks their moneys worth. they will likely bring up a swing guy, Judge doesn't make sense for you wouldn't want to use up an option and have him sit some days.

in other words, we're screwed.

good thing they got off to a great start!!

wait...

if Arod goes on the DL, I see them bringing up Swisher to keep Tex healthy at 1st. then they will DFA him and try to trade him somewhere.

where he will inevitably hit a homerun to help his team make the playoffs and hurt the Yankees chances later this year.
Like all geezers he might have a couple meaningful swings left in him before he lets his attractive actress wife be the major bread winner. I' don't think she is on anyone's A-list as of yet. I saw her on a series that didn't last long on TV.

Like all geezers he might have a couple meaningful swings left in him before he lets his attractive actress wife be the major bread winner. I' don't think she is on anyone's A-list as of yet. I saw her on a series that didn't last long on TV.
All of that may be true, but 'Reba', was on a long time.

All of that may be true, but 'Reba', was on a long time.
Wow ! "a long time?" Maybe I stopped watching it because I thought it was terrible. As I recall Nick made a couple cameos.

Wow ! "a long time?" Maybe I stopped watching it because I thought it was terrible. As I recall Nick made a couple cameos.
Wikipedia has it at 7 years and 126 shows, yep...a long time.

You've completely undermined all my efforts to keep Cali away from the transaction report for 15 days.

Dash, get off the plane and just continue arguing with your cable company.

Now that Cali has found this, let the good times roll...

Yankees Radio Pair Inducted Into NY State Broadcasters Hall

Janice Huff, WNBC New York chief meteorologist, is one of six broadcast luminaries going into the New York State Broadcasters Association Hall of Fame this year. She’s joined by Liz Bishop, WRGB Albany reporter; Chris Jansing, NBC News senior White House correspondent; Dan Palmer, longtime sports director at radio station WDOE in Dunkirk, New York; and New York Yankees radio announcers John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman.

The six get feted at the Conrad Hotel in New York City June 10.

Janice Huff, WNBC New York chief meteorologist, is one of six broadcast luminaries going into the New York State Broadcasters Association Hall of Fame this year. She’s joined by Liz Bishop, WRGB Albany reporter; Chris Jansing, NBC News senior White House correspondent; Dan Palmer, longtime sports director at radio station WDOE in Dunkirk, New York; and New York Yankees radio announcers John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman.

oddly or sadly or whatever...this is warranted.

Well...it ain't looking good for The Yanks! There are not many bright spots right now besides Castro, Miller and Tanaka. If this trend continues, will Cashman start bring up some of the younger guys and give them a chance and some experience? I really hope they don't go out and blow up the farm system and trade for older players...

Good thing Cali isn't in charge...his head would explode with all the changes he would make!!

Well...it ain't looking good for The Yanks! There are not many bright spots right now besides Castro, Miller and Tanaka. If this trend continues, will Cashman start bring up some of the younger guys and give them a chance and some experience? I really hope they don't go out and blow up the farm system and trade for older players...

Good thing Cali isn't in charge...his head would explode with all the changes he would make!!
I think you have to ride this out a little longer before making any drastic moves. The pieces, for the most part, seem to be there; now they just have to produce at more reasonable levels. I can still imagine this team running off a 15-5 streak. Right now though, they need to start winning series and climb back toward the .500 mark. It doesn't seem like anyone is going to run away with this division, so it's still too early to panic, for me anyway.

I think you have to ride this out a little longer before making any drastic moves. The pieces, for the most part, seem to be there; now they just have to produce at more reasonable levels. I can still imagine this team running off a 15-5 streak. Right now though, they need to start winning series and climb back toward the .500 mark. It doesn't seem like anyone is going to run away with this division, so it's still too early to panic, for me anyway.
I agree, but I'd like to see a move or two with the younger players, if for nothing else, to try to give the team a spark. I'm not sure who you would send down (or DFA, etc) though if a position player is called up. Hicks or Ackley I guess, but Hicks has a cannon for an arm.

I agree, but I'd like to see a move or two with the younger players, if for nothing else, to try to give the team a spark. I'm not sure who you would send down (or DFA, etc) though if a position player is called up. Hicks or Ackley I guess, but Hicks has a cannon for an arm.

Hicks may have a cannon...but his average .077, OBP is .143, SLG .077 and OPS .220...I don't think his defense makes up for that abysmal type of production...

The offensive statistics can't be framed in a positive way, but there is evidence to suggest that the pitching has been unlucky. The team is 14th in the American League in ERA, but is actually 4th in FIP and 1st in xFIP, which suggests balls put into play have been falling for hits at inopportune times. Others might suggest that these pitchers lack the ability to make good pitches when it matters. I tend to see these things as random and believe that eventually things even out. I'm confident that team's ERA will drop, but I am not so confident about the offensive numbers.

Last edited:
Hicks may have a cannon...but his average .077, OBP is .143, SLG .077 and OPS .220...I don't think his defense makes up for that abysmal type of production...
He's just the kind of young outfielder (26) this team needs with all the age and fragility out there. You can't give up on this guy after fewer than 30 plate appearances.

Last edited:
I just hope that, if things should continue down this road, the high draft pick is more Derek Jeter and less Brien Taylor.

If Arod goes on the DL how will they ever find someone with a .280 obp???

Of course he's the sole provider of power, so there goes the 2 rbis a week we were witnessing.

If Arod goes on the DL how will they ever find someone with a .280 obp???

Of course he's the sole provider of power, so there goes the 2 rbis a week we were witnessing.

The only one providing anything remotely that looks like offense is Castro...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom