2017 Domino thread | Syracusefan.com

2017 Domino thread

Shark58

BANNED
with our expectations for a deep 16 run (inc. AW) approaching rapidly, and the expected mass departures to occur following mad success, leaving the expected cupboard with only a possibility of Frankie, Chuckwu. TT and motor Moyer we all know we need a massive 17 class

so far: 0.0

there are theories about how players dont want to be the first to commit to the unknown, theories about how having so many spots is appealing because of the theoretical mass high end class, theories about groups of kids who will commit to the same team, etc.

some kids have picked elsewhere. some of our top choices have other big dogs chasing them too.

as '17 dominos fall, which and when fall Orange??

d5b057f0816424bf45ab7d7a72deec5a.jpg

Really bothers me that Tucker won't trim his list until the Duke offer. Is it the school he wants or just for the recognition?

Last edited:
The PG situation is the hold up. We wanted to ink Quade Green early but he's blown up. We liked Trevon Duval but that has gotten dicey in a bunch of ways and we're not a big player right now. We do have other lead guard options. All of this stuff is on the recruiting board.

Studs want someone to get them the ball, so the dominoes will fall once we lock up a point guard. It won't be until this fall. I think it'll happen in October. That's what my VBDI says. (Vince Bald Dome Index). Did I really just rip off Vitale?

Once we ink our PG, then I think we do wind up with Jordan Tucker. Despite his flirtations with Duke and others, he loves us. I think we will also wind up with C Nick Richards but he has a ton of big-time choices. And I hope we get one of either the Slim Reaper Alex O'Connell or Hamidou Diallo. They are totally different players but I doubt we net both.

We will need at least 5-6 recruits plus maybe one or two grad transfers and I expect that we will have to be patient until October. We have a big visit coming up with the Slim Reaper but considering his rising profile, I doubt he commits until this fall.

The PG situation is the hold up. We wanted to ink Quade Green early but he's blown up. We liked Trevon Duval but that has gotten dicey in a bunch of ways and we're not a big player right now. We do have other lead guard options. All of this stuff is on the recruiting board.

Studs want someone to get them the ball, so the dominoes will fall once we lock up a point guard. It won't be until this fall. I think it'll happen in October. That's what my VBDI says. (Vince Bald Dome Index). Did I really just rip off Vitale?

Once we ink our PG, then I think we do wind up with Jordan Tucker. Despite his flirtations with Duke and others, he loves us. I think we will also wind up with C Nick Richards but he has a ton of big-time choices. And I hope we get one of either the Slim Reaper Alex O'Connell or Hamidou Diallo. They are totally different players but I doubt we net both.

We will need at least 5-6 recruits plus maybe one or two grad transfers and I expect that we will have to be patient until October. We have a big visit coming up with the Slim Reaper but considering his rising profile, I doubt he commits until this fall.

I'll say September. That's when O'Connell is visiting and that's when he said he wanted to commit.

I'll say September. That's when O'Connell is visiting and that's when he said he wanted to commit.

I know but you have to think he will take more officials after us, so I think he'll wait until early October. I'd be shocked if he commits to us right after his visit because of all of his suitors.

I know but you have to think he will take more officials after us, so I think he'll wait until early October. I'd be shocked if he commits to us right after his visit because of all of his suitors.

I hear you my man, but he's already been here once. He went to Louisville. He wants to come back here! It's time to close the deal! Louisville has long term concerns with new management coming in.

We have 40 minutes available for him at the 2 in 2017 as Battle is a likely one and done. I am confident he's going to pull the trigger unless he is related to Andrew White or Taurean Thompson.

I hear you my man, but he's already been here once. He went to Louisville. He wants to come back here! It's time to close the deal! Louisville has long term concerns with new management coming in.

We have 40 minutes available for him at the 2 in 2017 as Battle is a likely one and done. I am confident he's going to pull the trigger unless he is related to Andrew White or Taurean Thompson.

Two thumbs up! I'm all for it. The quicker we land someone the better. I also hope Alex starts putting some weight on. I know his moniker is a play on the Grim Reaper but he doesn't need to be a method actor.

I just hope this stuff works it self out quickly, so I don't have to keep going back to the recruiting board wasteland.

I saw a story about the upcoming Elite Camp. Only 2 guys from the Class of '17 are attending so far; the rest are underclassmen.