2018 WCQ draw | Syracusefan.com

2018 WCQ draw

Alsacs

Living Legend
Watching this draw is amazing. First off Jerome Valcke going for his annual double cheek kiss with the attractive female co-host. Second these Russians hosts are just awkward as hell.

I thought for sure the USA would get draw into the group of death, but we didn't.
CKxdEUQUMAA1rxB.jpg

Not a bad draw. Mexico and the USA should get thru. Group B has 3 Hex teams from 2014 and an improved Haiti squad.

Now I can't wait for groups Italy and France gt in UEFA and who gets in Romania, Croatia, and Wales.

Loving Ukraine's chances, No excuses.

Canada should get by Belize but that's it, no World Cup for canada.

Intercontinental playoffs will be
CONCACAF v Asia
Oceania v CONMEBOL
Thus basically ensuring 5 teams from CONMEBOL and giving CONCACAF a real good shot at 4.
UEFA groups
Group A
Netherlands France Sweden Bulgaria Belarus Luxembourg
Group B
Portugal Switzerland Hungary Faroe Islands Latvia Andorra
Group C
Germany Czech Republic Northern Ireland Norway Azerbaijan San Marino
Group D
Wales Austria Serbia Republic of Ireland Moldova Georgia
Group E
Romania Denmark Poland Montenegro Armenia Kazakhstan
Group F
England Slovakia Scotland Slovenia Lithuania Malta
Group G
Spain Italy Albania Israel FYR Macedonia Liechtenstein
Group H
Belgium Bosnia-Herz Greece Estonia Cyprus
Group I
Croatia Iceland Ukraine Turkey Finland

Groups A and G by far the toughest. Poor Zlatan good luck finishing 2nd behind Netherlands and France. Group D is wide open.

Watching this draw is amazing. First off Jerome Valcke going for his annual double cheek kiss with the attractive female co-host. Second these Russians hosts are just awkward as hell.

I thought for sure the USA would get draw into the group of death, but we didn't.
CKxdEUQUMAA1rxB.jpg

Not a bad draw. Mexico and the USA should get thru. Group B has 3 Hex teams from 2014 and an improved Haiti squad.

Now I can't wait for groups Italy and France gt in UEFA and who gets in Romania, Croatia, and Wales.

I watch all the USA games but I don't really follow soccer other than that so sorry for the stupid question. I thought the loss to Jamaica and not winning the Gold Cup caused us to have to do a little more work to qualify for the World Cup but I guess that isn't correct?

I watch all the USA games but I don't really follow soccer other than that so sorry for the stupid question. I thought the loss to Jamaica and not winning the Gold Cup caused us to have to do a little more work to qualify for the World Cup but I guess that isn't correct?
Gold Cup is the CONCACAF regional championship. It has nothing to do with the World Cup or qualifying. Every 4 years the year before the World Cup FIFA hosts the Confederations Cup as a dress rehearsal in the country that is hosting the World Cup the following year. The Gold Cup winners since its every 2 years will play a playoff to determine the CONCACAF representative to the Confederations Cup in 2017.
The USA won the 2013 Gold Cup if we won this year's Cup we would have qualified automatically for the 2017 Confederations Cups. Now that we lost to Jamaica we will be playing October in Pasadena a 1 game playoff against Mexico. Mexico is going to beat Jamaica.

Today's draw was the World Cup qualifying template for 2018. The USA got a good draw as we should advance to the Hex(6 team round robin playoff) CONCACAF gets 3 bids, and the 4th place team will play a team from Asian for a WC berth.

Gold Cup is the CONCACAF regional championship. It has nothing to do with the World Cup or qualifying. Every 4 years the year before the World Cup FIFA hosts the Confederations Cup as a dress rehearsal in the country that is hosting the World Cup the following year. The Gold Cup winners since its every 2 years will play a playoff to determine the CONCACAF representative to the Confederations Cup in 2017.
The USA won the 2013 Gold Cup if we won this year's Cup we would have qualified automatically for the 2017 Confederations Cups. Now that we lost to Jamaica we will be playing October in Pasadena a 1 game playoff against Mexico. Mexico is going to beat Jamaica.

Today's draw was the World Cup qualifying template for 2018. The USA got a good draw as we should advance to the Hex(6 team round robin playoff) CONCACAF gets 3 bids, and the 4th place team will play a team from Asian for a WC berth.

Very well explained. Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom