2023-24 Coaching Carousel | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Coaching Carousel

IMG_9443.jpeg

My son is devastated.

This is all that is wrong with CFB and the 2 giant leagues. Arizona is a better job in every way right now except for the $$$. If you aren't a top 10...maybe 12 program...all you are is a stepping stone.
I mean even ND lost their coach to LSU. I think Ryan Day would have jumped if Bama called. Everyone seems poachable at some level, certainly the lesser p5s more likely than the very top 5-10 schools.

My son is devastated.

This is all that is wrong with CFB and the 2 giant leagues. Arizona is a better job in every way right now except for the $$$. If you aren't a top 10...maybe 12 program...all you are is a stepping stone.
What?

Washington is in a better conference, has more recent success, more historical success, and is a better school.

My son is devastated.

What? A better job says who?

Arizona would have been the prohibitive favorite to win the Big 12 which could have given Fisch his pick of jobs.

UW is losing a slew of talent and likely would slot back to a mid tier Big 10 team

I guess I meant better 2024 situation. His dream job is Florida and I think he's stepping away not towards that goal with this move

That said, the $ I am hearing from UW is nuts and UA had no shot at matching it

Last edited:
Arizona would have been the prohibitive favorite to win the Big 12 which could have given Fisch his pick of jobs.

UW is losing a slew of talent and likely would slot back to a mid tier Big 10 team

I guess I meant better 2024 situation. His dream job is Florida and I think he's stepping away not towards that goal with this move

That said, the $ I am hearing from UW is nuts and UA had no shot at matching it
It sounds like he may have already gotten one of the “dream jobs.” I don’t know Frisch’s connection to Florida, but a top half job in the B1G or SEC, it seems like he’s at the top of his profession.

DeBoer didn't think so

He didn’t leave for a job at Arizona or Florida, did he? Presumably he left for more $ and more resources. Same reason Frisch presumably left Arizona.

Also, his job at Washington set him up to be hired at Alabama. I don’t recall Frisch being a candidate at Bama this go around.

I get your point. I think you’re reaching though.

He didn’t leave for a job at Arizona or Florida, did he? Presumably he left for more $ and more resources. Same reason Frisch presumably left Arizona.

Also, his job at Washington set him up to be hired at Alabama. I don’t recall Frisch being a candidate at Bama this go around.

I get your point. I think you’re reaching though.
Maybe. Just disappointed. Another Goliath stopping the ascent of a 2nd tier program. It's a big reason why despite what Fran said at his presser I know if he excels there's every chance he'll get an offer be can't refuse

Maybe. Just disappointed. Another Goliath stopping the ascent of a 2nd tier program. It's a big reason why despite what Fran said at his presser I know if he excels there's every chance he'll get an offer be can't refuse
I hope Coach Fran is successful here. I hope he stays until he retires. If if the former occurs I have serious doubts about the latter. Thats unfortunate but it is what it is at this point. And I certainly won’t hold it against Coach Fran if it happens (unless it’s Ped State of course).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom