2024 Bracketology | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Bracketology

And this is why you were last team in in 2021 instead of the ~6 seed you should have been. The one season that used this horsecrap methodology. Want to go back?
basketball moved away from the RPI years ago. it's now who you played and HOW you played.
any casual SU hoops fan knows we had the wins . it's the blowouts that cost us.
if you take an opponent to OT. or double OT and lose. you are still equals on the field .

Last edited:
basketball moved away from the RPI years ago. it's now who you played and HOW you played.
any casual SU hoops fan knows we had the wins . it's the blowouts that cost us.
if you take an opponent to OT. or double OT and lose. you are still equals on the field .
it's 2 different schools of thought. there's process, development, improvement, be competitive, yada. all good.

but it when it comes to evaluating sports results, i'm glad i grew up with the mantra that wins and losses were at the top of the food chain. not participation trophies.

Do we move to 2 seed?

In NCAA’s? Don’t know. I think it comes down to the Duke SU game. Hopkins might have a claim depending on how big 10 tourney goes. Denver might sneak in as well if they beat Gtown again. Lots of games still to play.

In NCAA’s? Don’t know. I think it comes down to the Duke SU game. Hopkins might have a claim depending on how big 10 tourney goes. Denver might sneak in as well if they beat Gtown again. Lots of games still to play.
Both Penn State and Maryland will benefit from Duke's loss to UNC. But how high Penn State and Maryland advance we don't know.

Do we move to 2 seed?

You already were if looking actual wins and losses.

Monday unless something really shocks me in the data in a way I'm not expecting:
1 ND

2 Syracuse
3 Hopkins

4 Duke
5 Denver

6 Maryland
7 Cornell

8 UVA or PSU
-

If you (meaning anyone, not the poster I'm quoting) subscribe to the idea that own RPI decides all of this, why does anyone care what I have to say or Stevens has to say or Foy has to say etc etc. - just look at the RPI!!!

This stuff is not straight RPI. Period.

I think Big Ten champion Hopkins most likely ends up 2nd. But 3rd is their floor because of the Syracuse head to head.

If:
Syracuse>ND ACC championship
Hopkins wins Big Ten

I suspect Hopkins is 3rd.

I do not think Denver is a factor in this discussion at this point. The sheer volume of what ND, Hopkins, and Syracuse (their top 5 wins) are bringing to the table is vastly different than what Denver has or even can have.

but it when it comes to evaluating sports results, i'm glad i grew up with the mantra that wins and losses were at the top of the food chain. not participation trophies.

Preach! Wins and losses are what matter!

A very wise man once said: "You play to win the game."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom