2024 NASCAR | Syracusefan.com

2024 NASCAR

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
F7nh0AWXUAAOW3A

Im in Daytona. Has been a downpour all day.

Im in Daytona. Has been a downpour all day.
amazing . 2 million$ car runs 220 mph but the wipers and lights don't work.
well you wouldn't pass NYS inspection my friend...let's race in the snow !

The car runs 220 because it DOESN'T have wipers and lights.

This ain't the 24 hours of Lemons.

I drove past the racetrack today, tailgaters were out in force, even with the rain.

I drove past the racetrack today, tailgaters were out in force, even with the rain.
tailgating and grilling gator tail ! rain won't dampen that party

This is what happened when they tried to go into 1 turn at Daytona as the rain hit. Wasn't great.

Fun race. Kind of funny that the 2 guys that caused the Big One ended up finishing 1,2.

Fun race. Kind of funny that the 2 guys that caused the Big One ended up finishing 1,2.
you knew it was coming. daytona never disappoints crash wise. nobody was really laying blame post race but i kinda saw it as byron getting squirrelly and clipping the left rear of the guy in front (chastain ?) . the guys i watch the race we take turns putting a quarter down each lap . whoever has the quarter down when caution comes out takes the pot. there were some big payouts yesterday.

Last edited:
Don't get it-
Run 190 laps, then last 10 become dog-eat-dog Russian Roulette where luck matters more than having the best car.
That 3-wide pack of >20 cars at the front, bumper-to-bumper, apparently is the parity NASCAR seeks.
I'd never consider paying the millions to be a sponsor when attrition/luck determines winners.
It's like going to Roller Derby rules for the last 2" of a basketball game. Insane.

Gave the 500 a 2nd chance after watching for the first time in decades last year.
Confirmed: not for me!

Don't get it-
Run 190 laps, then last 10 become dog-eat-dog Russian Roulette where luck matters more than having the best car.
That 3-wide pack of >20 cars at the front, bumper-to-bumper, apparently is the parity NASCAR seeks.
I'd never consider paying the millions to be a sponsor when attrition/luck determines winners.
It's like going to Roller Derby rules for the last 2" of a basketball game. Insane.

Gave the 500 a 2nd chance after watching for the first time in decades last year.
Confirmed: not for me!
i'd agree there's 2 much parity in these cars anymore. give the owners/team a standard chassis set a few hp drivetrain limits and then let them build whatever they want as long as it meets all weight /safety/crash specs.
also kyle busch crew...C'MON you've got just 1 lug nut to put on anymore !
Atlanta
we gotta lotta wrecks early . on the course and on the pits.

Last edited:
i'd agree there's 2 much parity in these cars anymore. give the owners/team a standard chassis set a few hp drivetrain limits and then let them build whatever they want as long as it meets all weight /safety/crash specs.
also kyle busch crew...C'MON you've got just 1 lug nut to put on anymore !
Atlanta
we gotta lotta wrecks early . on the course and on the pits.
Another NASCAR issue: they ran half-throttle at Daytona to conserve fuel!
Blasphemy.
And Logano penalized for wearing a webbed left glove to stick in the window to enhance aerodynamics for Atlanta qualifying!?
Didn't watch Atlanta, but still get NASCAR in my news feed.

Another NASCAR issue: they ran half-throttle at Daytona to conserve fuel!
Blasphemy.
And Logano penalized for wearing a webbed left glove to stick in the window to enhance aerodynamics for Atlanta qualifying!?
Didn't watch Atlanta, but still get NASCAR in my news feed.

NASCAR has been using "restricted HP" setups at Daytona and Talladega since the late 1980's to slow the cars down ever since Bobby Allison went airborne at Talladega and took out over 100 yards of fencing in front of the main grandstand.

Another few inches higher, and his car would have ended up in the stands, killing hundreds.

You'll see better racing at Charlotte or one of the smaller tracks where the cars can run wide open (albeit only 160-170 mph, as opposed to the 200+ they were achieving on the 2.5+ mile tracks).

NASCAR has been using "restricted HP" setups at Daytona and Talladega since the late 1980's to slow the cars down ever since Bobby Allison went airborne at Talladega and took out over 100 yards of fencing in front of the main grandstand.

Another few inches higher, and his car would have ended up in the stands, killing hundreds.

You'll see better racing at Charlotte or one of the smaller tracks where the cars can run wide open (albeit only 160-170 mph, as opposed to the 200+ they were achieving on the 2.5+ mile tracks).
Understand restricted HP/speed-
The leaders backed off to run half-throttle during Daytona, backing up the pack with goal to conserve fuel.
I get the "saving fuel" strategy for a leader trying to last to the finish line who has a gap to the 2nd car allowing that.
I don't get a pack of cars loping around at half-throttle in the middle the Daytona 500(?)
Bumper-to-bumper 3-wide 20+ cars up front for the closing 10 laps is apparently what NASCAR wants.
The resulting carnage seems like Russian Roulette, making finishing position more luck than skill.
JMHO!

just to reiterate. there's just one lug nut now ! and yet we had a wheel fall off and several drivers had to re jack. crazy. as for the web glove .. sorry froggy. end of line. and don't play stoopid when you're caught. .

Last edited:
i believe bristol is my favorite track. lotta bumping and grinding. byron in trouble early.
track is eating up the tires
denny hamlin brings it home.

Last edited:
i believe bristol is my favorite track. lotta bumping and grinding. byron in trouble early.
track is eating up the tires
denny hamlin brings it home.
Tuned in for a while-
Lots of lead changes -appeared most where a car ran strong to the front, then backwards with tire wear. Tires lasting 30 laps(?!) Pit crews get a bonus LOL?
Strategy became slow down and conserve tires vs hammer down.
Looked like many empty seats. Been giving NASCAR a chance lately, but not being drawn in.

Circuit of the Americas (COTA) today. road course racing . some hate it. i like it.
not a ton of drama today. william byron hendrix motors fastest chassis today.

Last edited:
OK. so rain in richmond. delay. started the race on grooved rain sticker tires and had competition cautions no passing in the pits the first 2 stops. as the track dried the leaders came to the forefront. larson led most laps early and got caught in a one pit strategy due to a caution. martin truex moved out front and seemed destined to win until...caution last 2 laps . on the restart denny hamlin got by him and won the green /white/ checker.
truex took his frustrations out on larson and denny on the way to pit road. tough way to lose but that's racing.

martinsville today 3pm. short track racing at the circuits oldest raceway (1947).
bryon was cruising for an easy W when the caution waived with three to go. elected not to pit and was able to hold off the field for the clock. Hendrick motors 1-2-3.

Last edited:
texas . weather is good. kyle larson leading midway had a tire fall off before they went back green after caution. once again...it's just 1 lug nut anymore. bad break. overall the race was disrupted with 13 cautions . one late leading to a green/white /checker finish win for chase eliot.

Last edited:
texas . weather is good. kyle larson leading midway had a tire fall off before they went back green after caution. once again...it's just 1 lug nut anymore. bad break. overall the race was disrupted with 13 cautions . one late leading to a green/white /checker finish win for chase eliot.
I had Larson in my weekly pool with my friends so that was miserable. Managed to get back on the lead lap but couldn't push forward. Texas is an awful track and Nascar is brutal a lot of weeks when the best cars don't finish anywhere near the front. 3 best cars all day were Larson, Hamlin and Reddick. Reddick the only one to finish up front. Grabbed tickets for Dover next weekend, never been.

I had Larson in my weekly pool with my friends so that was miserable. Managed to get back on the lead lap but couldn't push forward. Texas is an awful track and Nascar is brutal a lot of weeks when the best cars don't finish anywhere near the front. 3 best cars all day were Larson, Hamlin and Reddick. Reddick the only one to finish up front. Grabbed tickets for Dover next weekend, never been.
automatic two lap penalty when the wheel comes loose. so yeh that's tough to overcome.
i just don't get why these pros can't tighten one damn lug nut !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom