2024 Pro Day | Syracusefan.com

2024 Pro Day

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
GI87U9XWoAIUuB9

Mike Ostrowski

Overheard that Chris Bleich had an 8'+ broad jump (we can't see them from the opposite sideline) when a Saints scout came over to talk with him. Said it was very impressive for an O-Lineman.
Broad jumps distances always sound so unimpressive to me. I mean i think i've got to be able to get close to 10' even at 46 years old and mostly out of shape.

Broad jumps distances always sound so unimpressive to me. I mean i think i've got to be able to get close to 10' even at 46 years old and mostly out of shape.
If I am not mistaken these are standing broad jumps.

Yes I realize that. The distances still sound unimpressive to me. I'm half tempted to go home and test myself. :)
Measure out 5 feet (or even just 3). Make a safe half effort jump to try to hit those marks.

If successful, and honest about the effort level it took to do it, go for max distance. Just be sure to set up a video camera and post your results!

Measure out 5 feet (or even just 3). Make a safe half effort jump to try to hit those marks.

If successful, and honest about the effort level it took to do it, go for max distance. Just be sure to set up a video camera and post your results!
Or, if unsuccessful, send the video to AFV (or YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, etc.)

Last edited:
10' is about what the RBs get. It's harder than you'd think. I was a solid athlete. I long jumped over 18' in high school. I had a friend that had a standing broad jump mat that we rolled out one day. At 31 yrs old I got about 8 ft.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom