215 points, 80 rebounds and 53 assists | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

215 points, 80 rebounds and 53 assists

Also a case of things done that don't show up on the stat sheet. I thought Curry would get is as well but with the entire focal point of the series being Lebron, the award going to Iggy who defended him well, isn't surprising. The NBA universe revolves around Lebron. Sports radio this AM talking about the Warriors who just won the title? Nope, still Lebron.
Social Media loves Steph. National Media loves Lebron.

I don't mean that. Check out the memes out there.

Lebron is the biggest athlete on the planet. Of course he's going to be followed on Twitter.
there are a shjtload of LBJ memes, too, so you are going to have to move your goalpost again

LeBron was great, but I honestly think the people saying this was the greatest NBA Finals performance of the past 20+ years are full of it. I'd take what Duncan did in his 2nd Finals and probably a few others over this. There aren't many players in the NBA that could have put up the numbers LeBron did, but there's certainly a few that would put up roughly the same. Hell, Russell Westbrook essentially did for a solid 1-2 months in the regular season.

I'm not holding it against LeBron for shooting as much as he did or dominating the ball as much as he did, but I think his numbers are to be expected when you literally probably possessed the ball more than the rest of your team combined, and his shooting was seriously abysmal considering he was single-covered for most of the time.

Also a case of things done that don't show up on the stat sheet. I thought Curry would get is as well but with the entire focal point of the series being Lebron, the award going to Iggy who defended him well, isn't surprising. The NBA universe revolves around Lebron. Sports radio this AM talking about the Warriors who just won the title? Nope, still Lebron.

Same thing here. I caught some ESPN radio this morning, and all Mike and Mike were talking about was Lebron. Two days after the finals, and they are still hammering the story into the ground.

I'm not anti-ESPN, but man--they beat things to death. It is almost like they seize onto a fake entertainment story and won't let it drop until they squeeze every last ounce of overanalysis out of it [Linsanity, Tebow, Lebron, etc.].

Personally speaking, as a non-Lebron enthusiast, I'm tired of the over-saturation. He didn't win MVP--BFD in my opinion.

Last edited:
Same thing here. I caught some ESPN radio this morning, and all Mike and Mike were talking about was Lebron. Two days after the finals, and they are still hammering the story into the ground.

I'm not anti-ESPN, but man--they beat things to death. It is almost like they seize onto a fake entertainment story and won't let it drop until they squeeze every last ounce of overanalysis out of it [Linsanity, Tebow, Lebron, etc.].

Personally speaking, as a non-Lebron enthusiast, I'm tired of the over-saturation. He didn't win MVP--BFD in my opinion.

Are they still talking about him not winning MVP? Man. Well it is ESPN.

Not sure about the social media or whatever argument, but Steph probably has more vines and "OMG you have to see what Steph just did" than anyone in the league if my twitter feed is any indication.

I'm not anti-ESPN, but man--they beat things to death. It is almost like they seize onto a fake entertainment story and won't let it drop until they squeeze every last drop out of it [Linsanity, Tebow, Lebron, etc.].

Same thing happened last year with the Spurs. I don't mind Golic, but Greenberg is the worst. He obsesses about everything Lebron. I'm not even sure you can call Mike and Mike a sports talk show anymore. It's all about entertainment. I know people can't stand Cowherd cause he supposedly rags on Syracuse (only because his producer is from here), but at least he talks about teams that win. It sucks SVP and Russillo is ending this week, because that is a great show as well.

It'll be interesting to see how the media covers Steph Curry's ever increasing popularity among millennials. Everyone is saying Lebron was the ratings draw this year in the finals, but why weren't the previous four finals watched as much as the last finals with the Jordan Bulls? Steph is slowly moving the needle and Lebron may have found his "rival".

Last edited:
there are a shjtload of LBJ memes, too, so you are going to have to move your goalpost again
Lebron memes are making fun of Lebron. Steph memes are giving props to Steph. Clearly you can't follow where I'm going with this when I say social media "likes" Steph more...actually like, in the literal sense.

Lebron memes are making fun of Lebron. Steph memes are giving props to Steph. Clearly you can't follow where I'm going with this when I say social media "likes" Steph more...actually like, in the literal sense.
Well, I guess that settles it: 17-year-old pimply faced kids sitting in their rooms creating memes are the measure of one's popularity. Maybe you should go back to insisting the Cavs' supporting cast was better than the Warriors. Or that Denzel Washington may be the greatest actor of his generation.

Well, I guess that settles it: 17-year-old pimply faced kids sitting in their rooms creating memes are the measure of one's popularity. Maybe you should go back to insisting the Cavs' supporting cast was better than the Warriors. Or that Denzel Washington may be the greatest actor of his generation.

The Cavs supporting cast was horrid but Denzel is a great actor. Matter of fact, if Lebron had Jake Shuttlesworth on his team the Cavs may have won that series.

Whoa...digging deep for some zingers there.

Never said Cavs supporting cast was better than the Warriors but i'll allow embellishments given your unrelenting obsession with all things Lebron.

One of my thoughts watching the Cavs' last few games was how much Jesus Shuttleworth would've helped, too.

I don't watch much NBA but I tuned in to the finals a bit since all the talk radio narrative was how historic LeBron's performance was. I wanted to see for myself but from watching games 4, 5, and 6 didn't see anything that appeared historic.

My 2 takeaways were 1) LeBron is a freak athlete but not capable of single handedly taking over a game vs top teams. He's great but his skill set is not iso dribble drive and he knows this which is why he settles for jumpers. Most 6'8 guys don't have killer handles so props to him for trying to play within himself but the comparo's to MJ, Kobe, etc are off because he is just a different type of player. It's apples to oranges. 2) I'm amazed that he got that team to the finals and am not sure any other player in the league right now could've carried that group that far.

I completely follow where you are going, but you have no data to support your argument. So, as predicted, you moved the goalposts yet again, this time to "likes".

James leads in social media followers, in social media mentions, etc. keep changing your terms and you are bound to so narrowly define your position that you can declare victory.

heel heat,by the way, is often more valuable than babyface heat. Wrestling fans understand this.

Last edited:
Now, if the series had gone the distance and LeBron dropped another triple double and the Cavs lost by a point or two, then, I think, he joins Jerry West as MVPs on losing teams.

speaking of West, he deserves Most Valuable Person recognition, as this team has his fingerprints all over it: Curry pre-dates him, but since he joined the Warrior's brain trust, he was instrumental in drafting Thompson, Barnes and Green; in acquiring Bogut and Iggy; and in halting the proposed trade of Thompson for Love. He personally worked out with Harrison Barnes at his private court in Bel Air in the off season to help him develop his game.

Curry, Bogut and Iggy have all probably peaked (or, in the latter two cases, maybe even on a slight down slope), but I heard West on Gottlieb's show tonight and he thinks all three of Thompson, Barnes and Green are going to get a lot better over the next few years.

That said, he thinks the Cavs, with a year under their belt and a healthy team returning, should be the pre-season favorites.

speaking of West, he deserves Most Valuable Person recognition, as this team has his fingerprints all over it: Curry pre-dates him, but since he joined the Warrior's brain trust, he was instrumental in drafting Thompson, Barnes and Green; in acquiring Bogut and Iggy; and in halting the proposed trade of Thompson for Love. He personally worked out with Harrison Barnes at his private court in Bel Air in the off season to help him develop his game.

Curry, Bogut and Iggy have all probably peaked (or, in the latter two cases, maybe even on a slight down slope), but I heard West on Gottlieb's show tonight and he thinks all three of Thompson, Barnes and Green are going to get a lot better over the next few years.

That said, he thinks the Cavs, with a year under their belt and a healthy team returning, should be the pre-season favorites.

The East is a joke so the Cav's will be the favorites because they have Lebron and the west will be loaded, but I don't want to hear about their crappy supporting cast if they give Thompson near max money. Also can you really count on Love and Irving to stay healthy, they never have been healthy in their career?

I give Cleveland about a 90 percent chance to get out of the East next year, but it won't be easy to beat whoever they play, whether it's Golden State, OKC, SAS, or LAC.

Golden State is so young and will have so much cap flexibility with who they get rid of that they are the most likely to be the thorn in Lebrons side for the rest of his career.

The East is a joke so the Cav's will be the favorites because they have Lebron and the west will be loaded, but I don't want to hear about their crappy supporting cast if they give Thompson near max money. Also can you really count on Love and Irving to stay healthy, they never have been healthy in their career?

I give Cleveland about a 90 percent chance to get out of the East next year, but it won't be easy to beat whoever they play, whether it's Golden State, OKC, SAS, or LAC.

Golden State is so young and will have so much cap flexibility with who they get rid of that they are the most likely to be the thorn in Lebrons side for the rest of his career.

Until someone like KD or Ant Davis switches conferences, Bron's dominance in the east should hold for a few more years. Bron + anyone will basically be guaranteed the 1 or 2 seed in the east.

Even if the Cavs change coaches, Love leaves and it's just Bron and Kyrie (I think Bron will opt out to re-sign a one year deal for more money), I think it won't matter who is surrounding them. They'll be the best in the east.

Not only does the east stink, the first two picks this year are going to the west.

Maybe Chicago, but I have no faith in Hoiberg. Maybe the Wizards, but it feels like they are a few pieces away, same with Toronto.

I will be interested to see where D Wade ends up, if he doesn't go back to Miami.

Whoa...digging deep for some zingers there.

Never said Cavs supporting cast was better than the Warriors but i'll allow embellishments given your unrelenting obsession with all things Lebron.

Look out, Denzel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom