2p shooting percentage Richardson and Cooney | Syracusefan.com

2p shooting percentage Richardson and Cooney

Millhouse

Living Legend
It's so strange that our Richardson and Cooney have flipped their 2 pt and 3 pt shooting percentages in conference.

32% from 2, 44% from 3 combined.

I can't figure this stuff out.

Last edited:
In Cooney's best game of the year he still shot under 50% from the field.

Has he had any fastbreak dunks this year btw? He loves the two foot two hand from the left side of the rim on fast breaks.

60 footers are uncontested. should we take those?
Sometimes if you are tightly guarded you try to get into the lane for a closer easier shot. It's not always an easier shot but in the speed of the game you don't know that until you're into the shot. Put your little pocket protector away and try talking to somebody who actually played basketball down on the court.

Gotta keep defenders honest. Cooney will never be a good finisher, but he can get hot with his pullup jumpers. A mid-range jumper isn't always the best shot, but it works when they chase you off the 3-point line and you can't get to the rim. Malachi has much more potential as a driver/finisher, I think he's just a freshman adjusting to physical conference play.

They use the 3 pt line like a range finder. If they didn't have the line to consistently judge distance, they wouldn't be as good from it. It appears Gbinije routinely practices from 3 feet beyond, considering how good he is from that distance, but he still uses the feel of the line, I expect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom