3/17/15 Seventh Day of Spring Practice | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

3/17/15 Seventh Day of Spring Practice

I thought it was already stated that AJ was going to redshirt? Wouldn't those snaps be better of going to someone who might play?

Matt Schneidman ‏@matt_schneidman 11s12 seconds ago
Scott Shafer on head coaches' accountability: "NCAA says we're in charge of everything then we've got to try and be in charge of everything"

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 30s31 seconds ago
More Shafer on NCAA coach rule: "It's a difficult task but it's one we signed up for. When you sign up for that job, you take it head on."

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 34s34 seconds ago
Shafer said he didn't speak at the NCAA committee of infractions meeting in Chicago five months ago.

Last edited:
I was trying to think of some walk-ons who produced, or got meaningful snaps, and all I came up with was Mike Acchione, who caught a TD vs Rhode Island.
Do you know him?

Come on, don't sell him short! That was a game-winning TD, right?

Yes it was!!! Only career catch came at a wonderful time when we really needed it.

Nick44 said:
What did your bro have to say about GROB as a coach, person, etc?

As a person he was a great guy. Definitely a players coach. Lacked discipline though. Obviously the results spoke for themselves, and he gave him an opportunity to walk-on so he never really spoke bad about him as a coach. Just the lack of discipline always stood out.

That's to be expected from ol' Soybean Wind.
I'll have you know that I once lived in the "Soybean Capital of the World", Decatur, IL. A very dark time in my life!

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1
Shafer said Syracuse is still waiting on word from NCAA regarding DE Luke Arciniega's medical hardship waiver

Assume we'll hear nothing, Luke will play next year, the NCAA will rule against him in 2024 and sometime in 2047 we'll get hit with NCAA violations for using an ineligible player

I thought it was already stated that AJ was going to redshirt? Wouldn't those snaps be better of going to someone who might play?

Not when you're prepping him for next year. He needs all the 1st team snaps he can get.

I really think Shafer is being dense with this idea of sealed practices. Give the media something to write about and the fans something to be interested in. I don't think Jimbo or Dabo are going to waste a lot of time trying to scout our practices or read some tea leaves from media reports. I could see closing a few practices but Shafer is just being a buzzkill.

That's the funniest part -- the idea that losing by six TDs to FSU would be based on leaked practice info in March. Classic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom