3/22/15 Ninth day of Spring Practice | Syracusefan.com

3/22/15 Ninth day of Spring Practice

CuseLegacy

CAtBvoiWcAAjELu.jpg:large

The idea of having Erv and Ish on the field together this season is very exciting. It sounds like the have passed Bris and Broyld. McFarlane or Morris need to step up before the freshman step on campus.

The idea of having Erv and Ish on the field together this season is very exciting. It sounds like the have passed Bris and Broyld. McFarlane or Morris need to step up before the freshman step on campus.
I'd be surprised not to see those 4 on the field a lot together, still.

Ish and Cornelius have apparently seized control of the starting spots at WR. Erv and Broyld are, I think, playing H back, splitting time there.

All four should get a lot of playing time. Assuming people stay heaklthy, should have a little better brand of athlete at the skilled positions in 2015.

But he really didn't see much time after Lester took over the offense, which is odd the way the offense struggled.

It's amazing how buried Cornelius was last year. Anyone know if he was hurt or something?

I agree. I really thought he showed some potential to be a solid contributor in 2013 and just couldn't figure out why he couldn't see the field - especially since we could have used any weapons we had last year.

AC "Coach I think should consider throwing the ball past the line of scrimmage"
OCGM "There's the bench son"

HA! that's what I was just thinking. Cornelius showed some ability to catch the deep ball and that obviously wasn't needed last year.

I think that this offense will make us realize that GM hurt us more as an OC than he helped as a recruiter. I will say this until NCst steals a recruit from us.

sutomcat said:
Ish and Cornelius have apparently seized control of the starting spots at WR. Erv and Broyld are, I think, playing H back, splitting time there. All four should get a lot of playing time. Assuming people stay heaklthy, should have a little better brand of athlete at the skilled positions in 2015.

Hmm no Estime. I stand by my opinion he would be a better use to the team if he was moved to cornerback. I think Erv is more fluid at the position, and Broyld has no other options. Utilize Brisly's talent and move him back to a position where he was HS defensive POY.

Hmm no Estime. I stand by my opinion he would be a better use to the team if he was moved to cornerback. I think Erv is more fluid at the position, and Broyld has no other options. Utilize Brisly's talent and move him back to a position where he was HS defensive POY.
You could be right...especially taking his past injury situation into consideration. Maybe he could stay healthy on the other side of the ball?

I think that you are reading too much into Toms' post.

I think that you are reading too much into Toms' post.

Not really. I realize it's not going to happen, but i've been beating the drum for a while that it could benefit both sides if they considered a move to the defensive side of the ball. I question just how effective Estime will be playing WR in Lester's offense.

Estime has been running with the WRs and we'll need more than 2 wide outs.

if we move an offensive player to defense i'd move Ben Lewis to safety. Lewis being moved to hback is the player who's looking like the odd man out.