39, 7, 20, 38, 31, 17 | Syracusefan.com

39, 7, 20, 38, 31, 17

DeGrozz

All American
The final scoring margins of the CFP semifinal matches. Kinda crazy that Bama-OSU in year 1 was the only game decided by two scores or fewer.

Great info. This is kind of why I like it though, in some small way it weeds out the weaker potential NC contenders. I'd much rather have garbage semi games than a 'chip.

I know it doesn't guarantee it, but, I think it's better than the former method.

Great info. This is kind of why I like it though, in some small way it weeds out the weaker potential NC contenders. I'd much rather have garbage semi games than a 'chip.

I know it doesn't guarantee it, but, I think it's better than the former method.

Only a 2 game sample size, but the finals have had margins of 22 and 5.

football games have a way of going off from a margin standpoint, when maybe the teams are more closely matched than it would seem from the outcome.

All this does is support that the semifinals are a waste of time and that the BCS got it right most of those years matching up 2 in the championship game. 4 is dumb, just go to 8. 5 p5 Champs and 3 wild cards, then you have something.

All this does is support that the semifinals are a waste of time and that the BCS got it right most of those years matching up 2 in the championship game. 4 is dumb, just go to 8. 5 p5 Champs and 3 wild cards, then you have something.

The BCS was garbage. I'd much rather watch extra football that counts for something, regardless of score vs a computer trying to figure it out.

Don't agree with the BCS getting it right, but wholeheartedly agree that the playoffs need to go to 8, at a minimum.

I was in Phoenix for the holiday, flying out yesterday it was 75% Clemson and OSU fans. Adding more teams would increase revenue, it will happen.

I actually think if you are a university that invests in football, you should have a shot at the title; no matter how much of a long shot. I like the idea of 10 automatic bids for all conference champs and two at-large bids.

Seed 1-12 and the top four seeds get a bye, just like the NFL.

It empowers conferences to determine its champ any way it wants, gives the little guy a shot, no matter what, and gives the top four seeds a leg up with the bye.

Don't agree with the BCS getting it right, but wholeheartedly agree that the playoffs need to go to 8, at a minimum.

Seriously, which championship matchup did you have a problem with? Yes, 8 would be fun. USC would be that wildcard team that could win it all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom