4-4 is strong, but what is our Bye Week focus | Syracusefan.com

4-4 is strong, but what is our Bye Week focus

SU94

Starter
Hope the kids enjoy some time away. It is well deserved.
Here is what I'd focus on this week if I were Dino ...

The Coin Toss:
0-for-8? That is embarrassing and it has arguably cost us 2 wins, maybe 3. Odds of this happening is 1-in-256 BTW.

I blame S.Shafer for poor recruiting and pray that we are red-shirting a sabremetrically-focused freshman equipped with a good fake I.D. with a propensity to arrive early and leave late from Faegan's Flip Night (does that still exist? ... I sure as hope so).

Last edited:
I think we should focus on the coin flips. We should be at or near 50%. Do we have a 2017 coin flip caller commited yet?
We should combine all our psychic abilities as a board to pre-determine the outcome of the coin flip and send a message to HCDB to ensure we win it against Clemson.

I am feeling heads.

The coin toss is a big one. We better be practicing that. I hope we have quality footage of all the coin tosses from this year so we can analyze it and figure out where we are going wrong.

It better have a brick facade though.
Our recruiting hostess Susan B. Anthony is a nice gal and all...
susan-b-anthony-obverse.png

but to compete with the Top Programs we need hotties like Sacajawea meeting our coin flippers on recruiting visits

sacagawea-coin-model.jpg

once they get this coin flip issue fixed, the next order of business should probably be on run blocking with our young offensive line. Along the same line, Id like to see a tank package developed. Paging Jordan Fredericks...

We all know that Dino specifically said that it would take a year and a half to get the train on the tracks.

Give him time to recruit players that fit his coin toss system...patience for gosh sakes. Fan base drives you crazy.

The S&C coaches have a rigorous conditioning regimen in place. With as fast as we flip the coin, there's bound to be eye fatigue. Once we get our lids beneath us, we will be able to call coin flips all over the field. I heard McGloster lost a full ounce of eyelid fat this past offseason.

I felt like Deleone really got too predictable on the coin toss. I felt like I could call what he was going to do from my couch like 50% of the time. And if I could do that, how often could the opposing coaches do it?
If this is going to devolve into a P and D bashing thread, I'm just going to lock it right now.

True story, back in the mid 1930s, my grandfather won the right to date my grandmother based on a coin flip with some dude.

The other guy called tails. Every time my grandmother would get on his case about something, he would swear that guy used a 2 headed nickel.

And that's my coin flip story.

I think we should focus on the coin flips. We should be at or near 50%. Do we have a 2017 coin flip caller commited yet?

Here is how you call a coin toss

"Heads I win. Tails you lose"