4.4 seconds | Syracusefan.com

4.4 seconds

My wife and I practically jumped through the ceiling. I told her 4.4 seconds means we are WITHOUT A DOUBT going to win this game.

and then... the moment of destiny~

That was what will be an unforgettable shot, moment, game.

Thank you Syracuse Orange for being the best, grittiest, toughest, most fun to cheer for College Basketball Team on the planet~

I'll be honest. When there was 4.4 seconds left and during the timeout, the following crossed my mind. As clutch as Ennis, this may the situation where we could use a point guard with more downcourt speed.

I am such an idiot. He didn't even move the ball up that quickly. It was the most patience and composure as you could show in that moment. Tyler Freaking Ennis.

As excited to beat Pitt TWICE this year as I was to see us beat Duke in OT.

I also missed the significance of 4.4 seconds. Thought Ennis should try and get fouled while shooting but he gave us so much more. AS USUAL!

More shameless bumping..

image.jpg

;)

Based on Ennis' post-game comments, it sounds like the plan was for him to bring the ball up, find Cooney, and the other 3 players crash the boards.

From what Ennis said and Boeheim said post-game, the initial plan was for Ennis to get the ball deep to CJ where he could go 1 on 1, but Pitt thwarted that when they doubled up on Ennis deep in the back court taking away his ability to get a deep pass up court so he dribbled up. Ennis said he saw Cooney running with him and thought about it but then decided to take the shot himself ( in one of the replays you can see Cooney ahead of Ennis along the sideline and possibly somewhat open and in a good position for a shot). So glad Tyler made the decision that he did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom