44 IS RESTORED | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

44 IS RESTORED

The freaking SU football Twitter account tweeted "It's back". What needed clarifying?!

What a total clown show.

It makes you wonder why anyone should bother supporting this athletic department.

Incompetence abounds.
They can't get out of their own way. This is what happens when you don't have a strong AD or football coach. Nobody is in charge up there. It's embarrassing

Just to clarify - yesterday they said a committee would be formed to hand out the number when a player was deemed worthy.

Today, they felt the need to issue a statement saying, "No no no - it'll only be handed out when the committee deems someone worthy."

They just f***ing repeated themselves in a more confusing fashion, and all it served to do was throw ice water on the excitement that was building from the announcement.

Unbelievable.

jekelish said:
Just to clarify - yesterday they said a committee would be formed to hand out the number when a player was deemed worthy. Today, they felt the need to issue a statement saying, "No no no - it'll only be handed out when the committee deems someone worthy." They just f***ing repeated themselves in a more confusing fashion, and all it served to do was throw ice water on the excitement that was building from the announcement. Unbelievable.

Because it wasn't planned well and was probably decided when Sala was standing next to Shafer at the urinal in Manley.

The School needs to let someone like Donovan know, that the school,team, players, and fans are what's important, not his opinion. He needs to apologize to everyone for being out of line, with his comments.

lsam7.jpg

baggerbob said:
The School needs to let someone like Donovan know, that the school,team, players, and fans are what's important, not his opinion. He needs to apologize to everyone for being out of line, with his comments.

Tell Donovan I still haven't forgiven him for fumbling the ball against Kanas State in the Fiesta Bowl.

Bill Orange said:
SU caved to the Twitter-pa-looza yesterday from McNabb and now have totally made the situation even worse.
Ugh our push to football irrelevance is nearly complete...

The good news is that the national attention was almost all positive and they won't even notice the dumb statement today. Only we can really appreciate how asinine our athletic department is. I am not lumping Shafer in with the administrative pinheads. I doubt he would want to kill any buzz like they seem to want to

To take this in another direction, IMO I don't see what the need is for any committee. It's either back or not. If it is, it should be up to the HC who wears it. I don't recall a committee decision any other time it was given out in the past.

rrlbees said:
To take this in another direction, IMO I don't see what the need is for any committee. It's either back or not. If it is, it should be up to the HC who wears it. I don't recall a committee decision any other time it was given out in the past.

I was thinking the same thing. What if the coach doesn't agree with the committee?

And there may be times when the coaches will offer a bid time recruit the number during the recruiting process.

Will the head coach have to reach out to the committee to see if it's okay? And how will the committee know if said prospect is worthy of the number?

cuseguy said:
Because it wasn't planned well and was probably decided when Sala was standing next to Shafer at the urinal in Manley.

It has feel to it doesn't it?

And you wonder why Syracuse football has become mediocre at best?

I love the school and I love the football program but it has become a joke.

It has feel to it doesn't it?
It's like a night out drinking, "Hey...hey Shafe...know what'd be cool? Let's go get like, matching tattoos." "Yes! Pete! Yes, we HAVE to!" "I mean, right? Let's call Floyd, he'd love this!"

It's sad when a 17 year old young man from North Carolina, understands the history, and tradition of Syracuse Football, better then someone who played here for 4 years.
Not to mention more articulate.

It's sad when a 17 year old young man from North Carolina, understands the history, and tradition of Syracuse Football, better then someone who played here for 4 years.
Not to mention more articulate.
And all of that proves exactly why Robert Washington is the ideal candidate to wear 44 when it returns to the field (in addition to, obviously, his elite talent).

Is it just me, or did HCSS speech/ tone/ body language seem, off, I guess, during the groundbreaking ceremony? Seemed like he was lacking enthusiasm somehow, like something wasn't right.

OrangeViking said:
Is it just me, or did HCSS speech/ tone/ body language seem, off, I guess, during the groundbreaking ceremony? Seemed like he was lacking enthusiasm somehow, like something wasn't right.

Strikes me as a guy who hates anything with the word "ceremony" in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom