44 on Thursday | Syracusefan.com

44 on Thursday

tptcuse

Living Legend
My 44th birthday is Thursday. It is time to the educate the wife on the significance of the number 44 and hope for tix as a "surprise." Brainwashing ideas would be greatly appreciated. LGO!

My 44th birthday is Thursday. It is time to the educate the wife on the significance of the number 44 and hope for tix as a "surprise." Brainwashing ideas would be greatly appreciated. LGO!
I turned 44 in 2003. I thought that was very appropriate. I think the direct approach is the best way and buy the tickets yourself. Then tell her, Honey, you don't have to buy me anything for my birthday this year or take me out/make me dinner, I took it care of it for you. And, BTW, you owe me $250 for the tickets and we are going to have my birthday dinner at the Verizon Center with 18,000 of my closest pals.

I turned 44 in 2003. I thought that was very appropriate. I think the direct approach is the best way and buy the tickets yourself. Then tell her, Honey, you don't have to buy me anything for my birthday this year or take me out/make me dinner, I took it care of it for you. And, BTW, you owe me $250 for the tickets and we are going to have my birthday dinner at the Verizon Center with 18,000 of my closest pals.
That is a good plan. However, I left out the part about having a two-year old and having to drive down to DC from NYC and then head home to Syracuse on Saturday morning.

Update: She is now suggesting throwing a big Cuse party for the game. I like where this is headed. All sorts of leverage if we don't go to DC. I'll now suggest inviting JLH. :)

Update: She is now suggesting throwing a big Cuse party for the game. I like where this is headed. All sorts of leverage if we don't go to DC. I'll now suggest inviting JLH. :)
That could definitely work out in your favor though. However, just remember to tell your wife that you have veto power on who gets an invite. It's like watching the Super Bowl. You have to have the right crowd or else your game mojo will be ruined. Just because some douchebag relative went to Indiana or Temple doesn't mean they get entitled to an invite.

That could definitely work out in your favor though. However, just remember to tell your wife that you have veto power on who gets an invite. It's like watching the Super Bowl. You have to have the right crowd or else your game mojo will be ruined. Just because some douchebag relative went to Indiana or Temple doesn't mean they get entitled to an invite.
Exactly! I think I have convinced her to have dinner out and then meet up with friends at one of the 'Cuse bars in Manhattan. I get to decide which friends are invited.

Lots of my friends take their 2 year olds to the game. And I believe they get in for free. Sit on the lap. Time to teach the 2 year old the legend of 44.

Exactly! I think I have convinced her to have dinner out and then meet up with friends at one of the 'Cuse bars in Manhattan. I get to decide which friends are invited.
That's sounds like a winning plan, but now, I'm pissed. I have to go to a fundraising event on Thursday. If we are in the later game, I'm golden but if we are in the early game, I could be hanging out in the bar of where the event is being held. Will not go over very well with the Mrs.

I think you should order 44 cases of ov splits. Or do you need to Oder 88?

Party idea is great. However, inviting JLH might assure you never reach 45.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom