5 college basketball programs that aren't what the used to be | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

5 college basketball programs that aren't what the used to be

You could put Maryland in that same category.
Maryland was a top dozen or so higher squad just last season. I wouldn't put them in same category as St. John's. Boston college should top that list.

DePaul is building a Wonderful new arena. They will be back in 3 years

DePaul is awful. They show zero signs of life. They're going to get paid but that's about it. Location is waterfront which is great unless you're actually a DePaul student. McCormick Place is nowhere near their campus nor any type of Public Transportaion outside of taking a bunch of buses in the Winter. That was the the problem with All State Arena. It was in the Burbs. No kids came. Same issue here. The excitement of a new arena will wear off quickly if they don't win.

DePaul is awful. They show zero signs of life. They're going to get paid but that's about it. Location is waterfront which is great unless you're actually a DePaul student. McCormick Place is nowhere near their campus nor any type of Public Transportaion outside of taking a bunch of buses in the Winter. That was the the problem with All State Arena. It was in the Burbs. No kids came. Same issue here. The excitement of a new arena will wear off quickly if they don't win.
Re: getting kids from campus to the new arena--Maybe they'll follow the UConn-to-the-Rent example. Which is pretty bush league.

No kidding. But if we were on the list, I would have just pretended I hadn't seen it and not posted anything.

We were in the other article, "Programs We Would Like to See Fall Off the Map"