50-50 guys | Syracusefan.com

50-50 guys

20Plus

I wanted to get a list of 50-50 guys that we are rooting for to leave and where they stand and who has decided to come back and who is leaning towards leaving etc.

like Josh Hart 50/50 Justin Jackson (returning) etc. who else

Last edited by a moderator:
In the last 15 years, starting with Carmelo, Syracuse has had 9 McDonald's All-Americans. The average eligibility used at Syracuse is 2.33 seasons. Excluding Christmas and Coleman, that number dwindles to 1.71.

1 and done: Carmelo, Donte, Malachi
2 and done: Flynn, Fab, MCW
3 and done: Devendorf (injury/other circumstances)
All 4 years: Rak, DC2

Think about the other early departures (Dion, Ennis, Grant, McCullough). Nobody ever 'stays too long' at SU.

Last edited:
In the last 15 years, starting with Carmelo, Syracuse has had 9 McDonald's All-Americans. The average eligibility used at Syracuse is 2.33 seasons. Excluding Christmas and Coleman, that number dwindles to 1.71.

Think about the other early departures (Ennis, McCullough, Dion). Nobody ever 'stays too long' at SU.
Which had me wondering if the zone defense has NBA scouts wanting our prospects with good NBA potential sooner, rather than later.

Think about the other early departures (Ennis, McCullough, Dion). Nobody ever 'stays too long' at SU.

I like fact-driven posts like this.

That's real interesting.

To piggyback on one of your posts in another thread about UNC guys always staying around - I may be mistaken but the last UNC player to get drafted in the NBA and become an all star was Vince Carter. Think about how many McDonald's AA's they've had go there, guys who coming out of high school were projected top 5-lotto picks who ended up staying until they were juniors and seeing their stock fall 10+ spots, and they haven't had an all star drafted in almost 20 years. I wouldn't go to UNC if I were a big time recruit.

That's real interesting.

To piggyback on one of your posts in another thread about UNC guys always staying around - I may be mistaken but the last UNC player to get drafted in the NBA and become an all star was Vince Carter. Think about how many McDonald's AA's they've had go there, guys who coming out of high school were projected top 5-lotto picks who ended up staying until they were juniors and seeing their stock fall 10+ spots, and they haven't had an all star drafted in almost 20 years. I wouldn't go to UNC if I were a big time recruit.

Rasheed Wallace and Antwan Jamison played in the 2008 all star game. Not sure if you meant as rookies though.

Last edited:
Rashers Wallace and Antwan Jamison played in the 2008 all star game. Not sure if you meant as rookies though.

I probably didn't word it very clear. I meant since Vince Carter was drafted in '98 no UNC player drafted since him has made an all star game. So no UNC player that was drafted from 1999 to 2015 has been an NBA all star - which I think is crazy considering the number of guys that commit there who are as blue chip as you can get coming out of high school.

I probably didn't word it very clear. I meant since Vince Carter was drafted in '98 no UNC player drafted since him has made an all star game. So no UNC player that was drafted from 1999 to 2015 has been an NBA all star - which I think is crazy considering the number of guys that commit there who are as blue chip as you can get coming out of high school.

They have 16 guys in the NBA. Does it really matter if they're All Stars or not? We've had one All Star player (Melo), and DC who made it one year in his entire career since Dave Bing.

They have 16 guys in the NBA. Does it really matter if they're All Stars or not? We've had one All Star player (Melo), and DC who made it one year in his entire career since Dave Bing.

I guess I'm just not that impressed by the 16 in the NBA when you look at how many McDonald's AA or top 5-10 players they've had in the last 20 years. Most of those guys end up in the NBA no matter where they go and it isn't like their guys are setting the league on fire.

You say Melo is our only all star in awhile but a counterpoint is that he's one of just two consensus top 10 players to come to SU in the last 20+ years.

Who from UNC has gotten better while at UNC, and not counting natural improvement from getting a year older? I can think of Brice Johnson but that's about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom