50 best players in CBB for 2014-15 | Syracusefan.com

50 best players in CBB for 2014-15

Ridiculous putting that many freshman in the top 20.

If their talented what's the beef? I'm sure there are some that at the end of the year didn't deserve being on the list but I'm sure there are plenty that will be deserving. Don't think anybody would have a problem saying Wiggins began last season on the list and ended the season on the list.

It's not really shocking that we don't have anybody on the list to be completely honest.

On most other teams...

Rak
BJ
Tyler
Trevor
G

are all on this list.

Cooney will be a top 50 player this year. No doubt in my mind.

Cooney will be a top 50 player this year. No doubt in my mind.

I still stand by my theory that after the Duke game Cooney got a hot girlfriend. After that game he hardly made any threes!

If their talented what's the beef? I'm sure there are some that at the end of the year didn't deserve being on the list but I'm sure there are plenty that will be deserving. Don't think anybody would have a problem saying Wiggins began last season on the list and ended the season on the list.

It's not really shocking that we don't have anybody on the list to be completely honest.
Simply because there were so many freshman unproven except in high school and AAU ball. I don't see a whole boatload of Wiggins clones. Let them show what they can do in D-1 ball before you anoint them as All Amercans which is what the column is indicating by the ratings.

I would like to see this list at the end of the year and compare it to what actually happens.

There are alot of players who are talented, but until you prove it you are an unknown. I have a hard time putting someone on a list of best players, who hasn't even played a minute of college basketball.

I love that we have low expectations and little respect. Plus JB getting left out of the top ten coaches? (We wouldn't have won 300 freaking games without Jimmy!!!) Will make the year even sweeter.

Idk who made this list but to have the top 4 players and top 6 of 8 players be freshman is absurd. NO WAY!! When is the last time the three best players in all of college were freshman? Give me Frank Kaminsky and Harrel over all of them every day of the week. The reason most of them are drafted so high is because of potential, not their actual production in college. The whole AAU system needs to be blown up and restarted from scratch. Its a mess, and has completely destroyed the way basketball is played (guard dominated with no passing. Those McDonald games are some of the worst basketball I'v ever seen played). Every kid coming out now is the next best thing, just wait until next year. I mean just last year, parker was praised as the best player since lebron to come out of college and then 2 months later it was no, wiggins is the best player to come out since lebron. Just sick of it all.

I respect your optimism, but if we have 5 of the best 5o players in college basketball, then we should be a unanimous preseason #1.

Teamwork and nose picking selflessness builds #1 teams. Not individual talent.

I respect your optimism, but if we have 5 of the best 5o players in college basketball, then we should be a unanimous preseason #1.

I think some of the players are that good, but do not need to shine individually because it's playing as a team that brings success.

[quote="TheCusian, post: 1086667, member: 2585"Plus JB getting left out of the top ten coaches? (We wouldn't have won 300 freaking games without Jimmy!!!) Will make the year even sweeter.[/quote]

OMG...