6-16 against Dixon is pathetic. | Syracusefan.com

6-16 against Dixon is pathetic.

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
It's a joke how much we lost to Pittsburgh. I don't want to hear about the talent. They aren't that talented either, and the beat us routinely even when we are ranked in the top 10.

Dixon gets his players fired up and ready to play. Us? Not so much.

Couldn't put it better. A lot of stuff gets overstated on here, but this sums it up well.

Syracuse routinely gets more talented players than Pittsburgh and by pretty much every metric one can make up is a better program. To have this record against them is pathetic. Hate to sound like one of those sour "fans," but there's one guy responsible for this failing.

OttoMets said:
Couldn't put it better. A lot of stuff gets overstated on here, but this sums it up well. Syracuse routinely gets more talented players than Pittsburgh and by pretty much every metric one can make up is a better program. To have this record against them is pathetic. Hate to sound like one of those sour "fans," but there's one guy responsible for this failing.
Why take the press off? I don't get it

Why take the press off? I don't get it

Oof, that's classic Boeheim.

Not saying I don't agree with him, but:

Normal defense: torched, got us a huge deficit +
Trunk monkey: effective, got us back to tied +
Normal defense =
?

Oof, that's classic Boeheim.

Not saying I don't agree with him, but:

Normal defense: torched, got us a huge deficit +
Trunk monkey: effective, got us back to tied +
Normal defense =
?

I'll add that this would all be fine with me if Boeheim could just summon up a normal, human response to questions about this kind of thing.

"I'm 70+, not really interested in trying new wrinkles outside my comfort zone; right or wrong, I've had 75% success with my decision-making over all these decades and I'm OK with that. Sometimes it doesn't work out."

Instead he'll offer some ludicrous excuses and condescension masquerading as a true rationale. ("We're no good at press." Yeah, because you tell your players that every year and you only attempt it as a last-ditch effort. Also, you looked pretty good at it when it rescued the game for us until the last 80 seconds.)

I would be happy to go to the NIT...

Losing to Pitt AGAIN... we deserve it.

So sick of this...

Turned out to be a good old fashion sweep for Syracuse playing Pitt. We lost to them in Syracuse, on the road and now at a neutral court all in one season. The only way to top this would be if for some strange reason we end up playing them one more time this year in the NCAAs or NIT.

What is that definition of insane??

Pitt is 13 - 2 - 1 vs. Cuse in football last 16 yrs on top of their hoops success. Unreal!

You would think they would want to do something about that, I guess not.

This is about systems and coaching, Dixon knows how to beat JB's zone. Period. There are always other variables that come into play but that's 90% of the issue and will continue to be until there is a change in the dynamics that are resulting in the current outcomes.

I'll add that this would all be fine with me if Boeheim could just summon up a normal, human response to questions about this kind of thing.

"I'm 70+, not really interested in trying new wrinkles outside my comfort zone; right or wrong, I've had 75% success with my decision-making over all these decades and I'm OK with that. Sometimes it doesn't work out."

Instead he'll offer some ludicrous excuses and condescension masquerading as a true rationale. ("We're no good at press." Yeah, because you tell your players that every year and you only attempt it as a last-ditch effort. Also, you looked pretty good at it when it rescued the game for us until the last 80 seconds.)
JB may be the most stubborn coach in the country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom