6 Wins... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

6 Wins...

I will be disappointed if we don't beat NC State at home. Pitt is a good matchup for us and they will likely be 6-5, so they will be limping into the game. That will be a toss up, so IMO we have a coin flip's chance at a Bowl.

^^^ this...Cuse is playing with house money in my view...2 weeks ago 80% of this board was saying we had no talent, no lines, poor schemes,etc...we are seeing progress, this is work in progress...IF we get a few more wins great...if all of our playing frosh,rs frosh, Sophs keep getting better, the d-ends show us each week their getting better, oline keeps protecting ED better, give the FSUs and Clemson headaches... then I'm good for this year...it's all about the right expectations and progress...Go Cuse!
I think we'll hit 5, but gosh, I'd kill for 6.

I posted a similar thread prior to Va Tech when we were 2-4. I pegged Clemson at 1% chance, Va Tech and FSU at 10%, Pitt at 25%, and NC St and BC at 50/50.

So the way things look right now, we couldn't be in a better position looking back to two weeks ago. I think at this point we should be favored against NC st and I expect us to win that game. That leaves us to have to steal one from the remaining 3 and I think FSU may be the best bet since we'all be at home. I just don't see Clemson happening, and Pitt always plays us pretty close. Playing them on the road will be tough.

I posted a similar thread prior to Va Tech when we were 2-4. I pegged Clemson at 1% chance, Va Tech and FSU at 10%, Pitt at 25%, and NC St and BC at 50/50.

So the way things look right now, we couldn't be in a better position looking back to two weeks ago. I think at this point we should be favored against NC st and I expect us to win that game. That leaves us to have to steal one from the remaining 3 and I think FSU may be the best bet since we'all be at home. I just don't see Clemson happening, and Pitt always plays us pretty close. Playing them on the road will be tough.

Yeah, but -
Pitt has an atrociously bad pass D.
Guess what we do really well on O? ;)

Weather probably won't be like Wake, or worse than today, so - we'll have a solid chance against them.

The bye week comes at a perfect time. Hopefully we can get Conway back to 100% in 2 weeks.

Pitt is really really bad vs the pass. FSU has given up a lot of yards and we get them at home (we'll be an underdog - but we got a shot).

NC State is an interesting team. Not a good read on them.

Clemson? Who knows? A 10% chance?

I agree with your assessments of the first three you listed. But the Clemson game...

Yeah, but -
Pitt has an atrociously bad pass D.
Guess what we do really well on O? ;)

Weather probably won't be like Wake, or worse than today, so - we'll have a solid chance against them.
Unless it snows. ;)

We aren't going to be favored against NC State.

The only remaining game we might be favored in is NC State - but they will have to have lost their next two (BC, FSU) and/or we beat Clemson ;)

We aren't going to be favored against NC State.
thats not a lock.

UL was - 15 vs us.. so thats around 18-20 neutral
UL was - 20 vs NCst at home so thats around 16-18 neutral.. so its not a leap..

and watch what happens after BC beats them this week.

thats not a lock.

UL was - 15 vs us.. so thats around 18-20 neutral
UL was - 20 vs NCst at home so thats around 16-18 neutral.. so its not a leap..

and watch what happens after BC beats them this week.
You are clearly using logic and the transitive property in football which never translates.

We were underdogs at BC FFS, they along with Rutgers are the 2 worst FBS programs EVER. But they thought one of them was better than us. You really think that Vegas is going to favor us over a team that went toe to toe with Clemson for 4 quarters.

You do realize that we were only favored when we played Colgate right?

It's about public perception, we won't be favored for the remainder of this year. Period.

I think we have a great shot at beating Pitt. They play towards our advantages. Similar to VaTech.

NC State will be tough.

I think we beat Pitt, and have a battle against NC State. We will get to 5 wins, however it may be. Hopefully that gets us a bowl game. It will be huge for the young kids, and program. I do think we will find 6, somehow. FSU may be in for a surprise. They are pretty vanilla, and we keep improving.

I don't care how ugly the win may have seemed, but they gutted it out, and got it done. Even if we don't win one more game, this program is on its way to amazing things. The Dome will be rocking soon enough.

We'll see.

Not a chance. We will be underdogs in every remaining game. Absolutely. That would be the easiest bet of my life. No disrespect to anyone, but I guarantee we will not be favored in any of the last 4 games.

That's where money is to be made, though. Like VaTech, and BC.

I assumed that's where he was going. So no one can prove we lost, I don't care how much Vegas favors bye.

It's not their fault; they didn't know!

I assumed that's where he was going. So no one can prove we lost, I don't care how much Vegas favors bye.
whatever happened to 'Idle'??

Mac & P always seemed to crush Idle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom