6 Wins... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

6 Wins...

Pitt and NC State have two of the worst passing defenses in the country. If we're going to win two more thats the only place it will be.

It will be interesting to see if the defensive improvements we've seen the last couple of games enable us to avoid getting gashed for dozens of big plays against FSU and Clemson.

We wracked up lots of yardage on some of the good teams we played early on, but gave it right back on defensive breakdowns. We can definitely play with NC state and Pitt if we can avoid shooting ourselves in the foot and giving anything away.

Pass Defense Rankings:

7 - Clemson
68 - Florida State
79 - NC State
112 - Pittsburgh

Take away 1AA games and they are 98th. For comparison we are 102nd. Only use P5 games and they are 113th.

I said 7-5 before the season started...why change now.

untitled6.png

I think that's why Dino decided to lean a bit more heavily on running Dungey. There was nothing at the line of scrimmage for anyone to worry about. They got spread out and just covered our guys since our RB's weren't a threat. Now that Dungey is picking up a lot of yards running - it's balanced again - and you can sling it or run for big yards. I'm thinking Dungey is going to run half the time. Must be driving the LBs nuts.
i'm very impressed with babers adaptability here this year

he wants to run the ball with running backs, i'm sure. but he realizes the strengths and weaknesses here. dungey might be their best runner - even if he isn't, it's close. so why bring another guy in the box to run it with strickland or neal other than to give dungey a break once in a while.

this offense would be deadly with a good back and better decision making on read options. next year?

he wants to run the ball with running backs, i'm sure. but he realizes the strengths and weaknesses here. dungey might be their best runner - even if he isn't, it's close. so why bring another guy in the box to run it with strickland or neal other than to give dungey a break once in a while.

this offense would be deadly with a good back and better decision making on read options. next year?

Is it the back or offensive line or some of both?

It's such a good adaptation mid-season it seems almost shocking. It makes total sense - but it's this kind of thinking we've not had here in a while.

thats not a lock.

UL was - 15 vs us.. so thats around 18-20 neutral
UL was - 20 vs NCst at home so thats around 16-18 neutral.. so its not a leap..

and watch what happens after BC beats them this week.

Hmm.. I think I called this..

I think the no chance we are favored against NC st is out the door as well. it could all change if we get drilled next week, but nc st might easily be coming off 4 losses in a row.

I think the no chance we are favored against NC st is out the door as well. it could all change if we get drilled next week, but nc st might easily be coming off 4 losses in a row.

Nc St, barring a monsoon or hurricane, will lose to FSU.

We play Clemson close, or somehow miraculously upset them, we will be favored.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom