9 point tds | Syracusefan.com

9 point tds

Millhouse

Living Legend
why not just get rid of FGs?

why can't we just admit that FGs suck?

irsay wants teams to go for TDs more by having them kick 50 yarders after two point conversions? when is the 1 point bean bag toss?

get rid of it!

Just add the rouge into the rules

In Canadian football, a single (single point, or rouge), scoring one point, is awarded when the ball is kicked into the end zone by any legal means, other than a successful field goal, and the receiving team does not return, or kick, the ball out of its end zone.

Football cracks me up because they're trying to invent new ways for the game to seem high scoring.

People see scores like 35-31 and they think, "Golly, so many points, it's so high scoring!".

But you know what that score really is?

5 to 4.43

Takes on a different look, doesn't it?

Millhouse said:
why not just get rid of FGs? why can't we just admit that FGs suck? irsay wants teams to go for TDs more by having them kick 50 yarders after two point conversions? when is the 1 point bean bag toss? get rid of it!
If there were no field goals, Shafer would punt inside the 20.

just remove the XP kick and give the coaches a sliding scale of pts to go for and run a play.. 2 yd play 1 pt , 5 yd play 2 pts 10 yds 3 pts.

done.

FG are fine and they reward the D for not allowing a TD as well.

In all honesty I HATE this idea, BUT I do have one that might be better ...and I'm dead serious about it: Award teams 1 point for every first down gained.

Make it like rugby. The angle of the kick is the angle at which the ball was carried into the end zone. The person who scored the touchdown is the kicker. Do it off a tee. Nobody else on the field.

i have no problem with the FG, i do with the XP. i really like last years experiment of moving it back to the 30 for kicks.

moving the posts closer together will also work.

i certainly dont want to see some kind of fantasy football point system in place.

i have no problem with the FG, i do with the XP. i really like last years experiment of moving it back to the 30 for kicks.

moving the posts closer together will also work.

i certainly dont want to see some kind of fantasy football point system in place.
getting rid of the extra point would be a good first step

total waste of time.

As a Lions fan I can tell you first-hand that XPs and FGs are not automatic and will have an effect on an entire season.

getting rid of the extra point would be a good first step

total waste of time.
too much change is not necessary.

its not completely broke, but can can use some fixing.

the going for 2 has been an overwhelming success, but yes...the going for 1 continues to be a total waste of time.

do as i said above and what they are leaning towards.

too much change is not necessary.

its not completely broke, but can can use some fixing.

the going for 2 has been an overwhelming success, but yes...the going for 1 continues to be a total waste of time.

do as i said above and what they are leaning towards.
if you have to keep 2 pt conversion around, get rid of the pat and take off a point if they go for 2 and miss.

PAT followed by a commercial followed by a kickoff through the endzone, what's the piont

if you have to keep 2 pt conversion around, get rid of the pat and take off a point if they go for 2 and miss.

PAT followed by a commercial followed by a kickoff through the endzone, what's the piont
This....
I12591-2004Dec19

and this...

WEUS-1000_1001-0_13.MED.JPG

This has the makings of a Bud Poliquin article.

This has the makings of a Bud Poliquin article.
something interesting happens 0.4% of the time they kick an extra point

same percentage as bud articles

This...
I12591-2004Dec19

and this...

WEUS-1000_1001-0_13.MED.JPG
i was just about to talk about the skill and timing it takes of going from your seat to the bathroom, to the beer line...and back to your seat before the 1st real play after a TD.

i know im behind schedule if im not hearing Bob Papa over the in stadium radio feed go...'and the kick after is good' as I walk into the loo. if im in the tunnel, im likely missing a play or 2 and there better not be some cowboy fan standing in the beer line trying to get the vendor to walk to a different stand to get the kind of beer him and his girlfriend want...eedeeots, or im missing more.

Why do they call them touchdowns anyway? Don't have to be touched or go down. (yes, that's what she said)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom