97 combined yards passing in a dome | Syracusefan.com

97 combined yards passing in a dome

Today is why I soooooo desperately want us to emphasize offense. BC has a very strong D, and yet with a good offense we would have beat them by three TDs.

I mean, let's just try it! If it fails, so what? Are we going to be worse than we've been for most of the past 15 years? The fear some have is baffling.

You gotta laugh. BC is a bigger mess than us and they won't do anything about it. Great opportunity for SU. Rest of the northeast stinks

And I believe that some of the building blocks are in place for a competent head coach to turn things around fairly quickly.

Very pleased that by all accounts, the Dome will finally be exploited for the advantage it is. Can't wait to see who is hired.

You gotta laugh. BC is a bigger mess than us and they won't do anything about it. Great opportunity for SU. Rest of the northeast stinks

Agreed. If the SU Admin steps up to the plate with $'s for coaches including assistants, the NE is ripe for 'Cuse.

We are using a what string qb? How many P5 teams are starting junior college walk on QBs? BC is also using a back up qb - our 5th string walk on is better than their backup throwing the ball. Heck BC's qb had way more completions to SU. Not surprised in the lack of passing prowess. What was shocking is how well BC's qb runs the ball - what is he doing even being a qb? No one else can hand off?

We are using a what string qb? How many P5 teams are starting junior college walk on QBs? BC is also using a back up qb - our 5th string walk on is better than their backup throwing the ball. Heck BC's qb had way more completions to SU. Not surprised in the lack of passing prowess. What was shocking is how well BC's qb runs the ball - what is he doing even being a qb? No one else can hand off?
BC's QB was 0-9 at one point and finished like 1-10 with something like 9 yards. I think we did better than that (though not much.) It was a pretty awful offensive game

Cheriehoop said:

To be fair, we started him because we decided to radically change our offense which rendered our former back up QB irrelevant. And we moved another QB recruit to another position. As has been the case our misfortune has been a horrible mix of lousy luck and our own choices.

BC's QB was 0-9 at one point and finished like 1-10 with something like 9 yards. I think we did better than that (though not much.) It was a pretty awful offensive game

Yup - he targeted SU players for completions much more then he did anyone for BC. We didn't take advantage enough and Mahoney sure isn't a final answer at QB for us. Is Wilson redshirting?

The state championship HS games tomorrow will top that pathetic passing yd total

BC threw more interceptions than completed passes. How does that even happen? In the history of college football, has that even happened before?
I was about to make a similar observation. It's got to be a rare event. Having double the nummer of interceptions compared to completions, could well be a record.

Millhouse said:

BC will have their starting QB back next year...and their starting running backs.

They'll be fine.

Best defense in the country and they win 3 games. Thank god we get to play them too.

my hats off to both qbs today. sure it wasn't pretty but both played their tails off. i have a deep respect for zach mahoney and the difficult pickle he was thrust into this season. dude took his lumps against some of the best D's in the nation and always popped back up to fight some more.even his deep ball looked better today and it took a couple of great pass breakups to prevent a couple long strikes. as for the BC backup qb Smith ...well not much of an arm today but man did he seem to have another gear when he broke contain. that kid was the fastest dude i've seen all season. sure stats ain't that pretty but they both showed a lot of fight right to the finish.

Last edited:
but you also can't just chalk it up to bad luck or whatever, ultimately after three years the best the staff could do was a juco walkon at QB.

orangehomer said:
but you also can't just chalk it up to bad luck or whatever, ultimately after three years the best the staff could do was a juco walkon at QB.

The staff should have went with our sixth string All American QB.

Huh? Don't you mean 2 years-Terrell Hunt played 3 years ago when we went to the Texas Bowl and beat Minnesota.

When your top 3 QBs get injured - Hunt, Long, Dungey, guess we needed a 4th string walk-on QB. I mean the law of averages of having your top QB's injured couldn't happen 2 years in a row, could it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom