A Couple of Quick Thoughts | Syracusefan.com

A Couple of Quick Thoughts

CIL

All Conference
I'm not that worked about about the game for a few reasons.

1. As Bayside mentioned in an earlier thread, offesne was good enough until Hunt went out. Scored on the first posession (rouging the punter helped). # and out next, although Estime took a screen in the chest that went for a negatove 8 yard fumble. Could have been a big play too because Nova's SAM was totally confused and didn't know where to line up. Marched down the next possesion before stalling and settled for a FG. Drove a bit on the next and he threw a punch and got tossed.

Wilson had one good drive and everything else were 3 and outs. I don't know who thinks we have a QB controversy because Hunt is clearly better right now. That says nothing of Wilson's potential. Nova played 8, sometimes even 9 in the box once they realized Wilson had troubled completing anything other than a screen pass.

2. I was concerned about the DL coming into the season and came out with the same concern. Ron Thompson is going to be a heck of a player but he needs some help. Dauost has some work to do.

3. Hats off to the Robinson kid. Good player and could start for many BCS teams. That being said, we held the kid to under 4 yards a rush. It felt worse than it was. They accounted for 10 points. They also had the ball for a whopping 15 more minutes than we did. That's an entire quarter. Our kids D was pretty gassed by the end.

4. I predicted 7-5 at the beginning of the season and feel good about that. We'll be ok. It's tough to roll someone with ypur back up QB, no matter who you are. Ohio State had a hell of a time with Navy, and they had ample time to prepare their back up.

we still need to beat CMU and Wake. that means can we win 3-5 out of the rest of those games. the maryland really looks even bigger now.

The more time passes, the more I'm fine with the game. We aren't going to come out of the gates and stomp a lot of teams yet and I think we are all targeting next year as the big year.

Losing Hunt halfway through the second quarter wasn't remotely planned for.

If we get to eight wins this year, we'll chalk this win up to good karma.

Get Hunt back under center. Reduce the rotation at the skill positions and try to shore up some of the defense.

7 regular season wins plus a bowl win with one win being a solid upset.

Then next year we target 8 or 9 wins.

We got two weeks to get our mojo back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom