A couple of thoughts | Syracusefan.com

A couple of thoughts

JeremyCuse

Living Legend
Wow its been awhile since the site moved but I had a feeling something might have been brewing for a couple weeks now so I wasnt totally surprised, but still always tough to go to a new system when you have become accustomed to the way Scout had it set up. Gonna miss the PM option as well as ability to have a signature and post an avatar.

From Reading Tom's original message on the basketball board there doesnt seem to be a plan to incorporate a premium side to this site. I would think that will change once all the Admins and other posters make there way over. There is simply some stuff that cant be posted for everyone on the free side and I would be shocked if a premium board was not created.

Anyone else just re-up there Scout membership this month? Ugh I hope its not a hassle to cancel.

Whats the over/under on how long its going to take Cali to figure out we have moved?
1 month? 6 months? A year?

You are correct passion, I jumped the gun. There is also the ability to add an avatar. All in all it seems like this site has most if not all of the same features. Looking forward to seeing how the new site plays out when it gets some serious traffic.

You can set up a signature. To do this, click on your user name up near the top right hand corner and then click on Signature. You can change your avatar there too and do a lot more customizing.

The site search is something we have been wanting forever. There is a lot more in the way of following threads, getting feedback, winning trophies, etc. than we could ever do on the Scout boards. Looks like we can attach local files much easier than in the past and just do a lot more customizing.

I do not believe adding a chat room is going to be a problem though I will defer to Tom on that.

We have some work to do getting the color schemes in place, getting quicklinks (if possible) in the headers, etc. But I am confident this site will provide us with solid functionality. Please be patient as we get things things in order.

I don't see a chat room. :(

Yeah, I'm more worried about the chat room than premium, hope we'll be able to have one. I assume we'll all be premium just by being here. Keep the dregs out...(thanks for not kicking me out yet).

Need to learn how to quote to if that's possible, looks like Tom was doing it. I just copied and pasted Xtreme's comment.

I don't see a chat room. :(

Yeah, I'm more worried about the chat room than premium, hope we'll be able to have one. I assume we'll all be premium just by being here. Keep the dregs out...(thanks for not kicking me out yet).

Need to learn how to quote to if that's possible, looks like Tom was doing it. I just copied and pasted Xtreme's comment.

Just hit "reply" in the bottom right corner of my post.

(See what I did there).

Just hit "reply" in the bottom right corner of my post.

(See what I did there).

ooooh, automated. I like it. I hated the Reply option on scout because in topic view it was sorta useless.

Wow its been awhile since the site moved but I had a feeling something might have been brewing for a couple weeks now so I wasnt totally surprised, but still always tough to go to a new system when you have become accustomed to the way Scout had it set up. Gonna miss the PM option as well as ability to have a signature and post an avatar.

From Reading Tom's original message on the basketball board there doesnt seem to be a plan to incorporate a premium side to this site. I would think that will change once all the Admins and other posters make there way over. There is simply some stuff that cant be posted for everyone on the free side and I would be shocked if a premium board was not created.

Anyone else just re-up there Scout membership this month? Ugh I hope its not a hassle to cancel.

Whats the over/under on how long its going to take Cali to figure out we have moved?
1 month? 6 months? A year?

The script does have Those features.

I'm not sure why it now shows my real name now. I must have just typed the information in really quick and not realized that I was creating my username and not just proving my name. I think someone on here might be stalking me now that they now my real name :)

Jeremy I couldn't answer your question about Cali because you only listed 1 month? 6 months? A year? and I didn't see any options to pick like 5 - 10 years or until Cali's wife calls Bees house.

Is this board a replacement for the scout syracuse site? I'm just trying to figure out what's going on, the scout site we've been on is the only one that I've known so I'm trying to make sense of all this. If someone would like to send me a PM in case it's supposed to be a hush hush type of thing that would be great. I'm paying $10/month to scout and if that site isn't going to exist anymore I'm just not sure exactly what is going on.

Is this board a replacement for the scout syracuse site? I'm just trying to figure out what's going on, the scout site we've been on is the only one that I've known so I'm trying to make sense of all this. If someone would like to send me a PM in case it's supposed to be a hush hush type of thing that would be great. I'm paying $10/month to scout and if that site isn't going to exist anymore I'm just not sure exactly what is going on.

yes thats my understanding that this is the replacement very soon.

She has been trying so hard to please and caught a ton of grief because she came on at absolutely the worst time. I was actually also excited to have an SU alum write for and contribute to the board

She has been trying so hard to please and caught a ton of grief because she came on at absolutely the worst time. I was actually also excited to have an SU alum write for and contribute to the board

So is this board not affiliated with scout? still not quite sure what the heck is going on.

Sooooo, why is the board moving over to a different site then?

I'm curious, what's the full rundown of how this place works? I'd imagine since we won't be affiliated with Scout or Rivals, there will be no recruiting info and all of that, so it's more just a place for discussion and some more insider info from tomcat, bees, etc?

This board can't take more than 10,000 characters in a single post so that means posts like I made on the other board for football won't fit here. Is there a way of correcting that?

This board can't take more than 10,000 characters in a single post so that means posts like I made on the other board for football won't fit here. Is there a way of correcting that?
10,000 characters sounds like a lot. If your's aren't going to cut it, what is SWC going to do. Some of his are very long (and very informative).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marz44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom