A few musings on Duke | Syracusefan.com

A few musings on Duke

wvlax

2nd String
This Duke team has made some significant personnel adjustments since we last played them.Kyle Rowe is now taking most of the face-offs. He has won 48-60 in the last four games! Also, at goalie Danny Fowler is now the keeper.

i expect a battle today . both teams are a bit different since the beat down we layed on them last meeting.

Matheis has also taken over as the #1 attackmen. I expect Mullins to be his shadow today. Young will surely draw Guterding and I expect SU to double pole the midfield. Big game for the shorties and obviously Firman who will see a ton of Jones. Jones is not 100% so that should be some help, always concerned when a great player sees an opponent for a second time after struggling in the initial matchup.

Biggest concern offensively is the same one I had in February; lack of outside shooting. Dejoe has been a disaster, Lecky has zero accuracy, McGinley is suspended and Schoonmaker is to hit or miss. Not having Matt Walters on the bench is something I can't understand. Limited options for Desko especially with Dejoe struggling so badly. Have to hope schoonie is on or Lecky has that one good shooting day he usually showcases once a year.

I think the offense will obviously play better them it did Friday just wonder if the D will have a letdown. Hard to repeat that kind of performance two days later.

Interested to see how the younger Rowe does against Williams.

defensive long poles should be banging' on jones' hand every opportunity. chop chop chop.

And don't make the mistake ND made and start the game with a shortie on him. That strategy did not work. Keep the pole on him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom