A Good Sign About Dungey's Health? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

A Good Sign About Dungey's Health?

it's too bad you don;t have access to it still. I grew up in utica but live in syracuse now. The utica relative know to bring 1) pusties from both florentine and cafe caruso and 2) tomato pie.

Keep those relatives close!
Going to Utica on Friday to get greens at the Chesterfield Inn and pasties from Florentine.

Keep those relatives close!
Going to Utica on Friday to get greens at the Chesterfield Inn and pasties from Florentine.
Chesterfield greens are the best I've ever had, that is no joke. I wish I lived closer to Utica

No. I think it depends on what part of Italy your family came from. My Mom was from so far up north it might as well have been part of another country...and it almost was.

My mom's family is from Cork and my dad's family is from Mayo. ;) We had lasagna every Christmas Eve growing up. Now I make it. Maybe it was because they grew up in Utica. Boy could I go for some Hemstrought's halfmoons about now!

How many of you old enough to remem
huachouse unamerican activities committeej.jpeg
ber this?huachouse unamerican activities committeej.jpeg HUAC House Unamerican activities Committee.

Italians are all are fish first on Christmas eve , and tons of food its an all out feast bigger than Christmas day

My mom's family is from Cork and my dad's family is from Mayo. ;) We had lasagna every Christmas Eve growing up. Now I make it. Maybe it was because they grew up in Utica. Boy could I go for some Hemstrought's halfmoons about now!
Maybe that's it. When y'all start talking about that food I feel a blank stare coming on. Guess I grew up in the wrong part of CNY. ;)

I'm thinking of doing Cornish hens this year. My mom used to make them a lot when I was little for the holidays. Anybody have experience with that/have a good recipe?

I'm thinking of doing Cornish hens this year. My mom used to make them a lot when I was little for the holidays. Anybody have experience with that/have a good recipe?
I do them in the BBQ on the upper rack and medium heat. Coat them in olive oil and sprinkle Montreal steak seasoning on them. Always turn out great

Put half a lemon inside the cavity. Make some small cuts in the skin and put a halved clove of garlic in each cut. Or one or the other, if you don't want both. Cook at low heat (300-325), basting constantly to maintain juiciness.

My wife roasts them like she would a chicken. Comes out the same--good.

And by the way, I would recommend one of these Oil-less fryers from Charbroil:

IMG_1002.JPG

Cooks chicken, turkey, wings to perfection--literally almost turn it on and walk away. And under a hundred bucks.

View attachment 85249
Cooks chicken, turkey, wings to perfection--literally almost turn it on and walk away. And under a hundred bucks.
I've got one!! Use it all the time!

Reactions: FAL

View attachment 85249

I have one and use it ALL the time, it is amazing!! Doing Turkey, if a deep fried turkey is a 10 on the turkey scale then cooking in the Big Easy is about a 9.75 score. For chicken, sprinkle some Montreal Chicken seasoning on it with olive oil, drop it in the rack and lower it into the drum, 7lb Chicken takes about an hour and a half depending on how cold it is out.

Mouth is watering.

Reactions: FAL
Latest word is that his family orders pizza on Christmas Eve and has a big feast on Christmas Day.

I heard the family likes cracklin' pigskin for appetizers...

At least I hope so...

I'm 0% Italian and have lasagna for dinner every Christmas Eve. It's kind of a thing.

I was confused why my building and my work both served lasagna as the main entree this year. I guess I was just never exposed to it. Always either had a Ham or Prime Rib growing up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom