a helmet and a hope | Syracusefan.com

a helmet and a hope

igor

2nd String
by jb for a good year. my take on the show case. first the women look deeper and more athletic.
rak is finally a treasure; not just for cuse but for bball fans that remember how good it was to see a ewing, a seikaly, a coleman a Duncan mature over 4 years and go into the league ready. tha metamophous of rak is scary.
on the other hand joseph was raw offensively. his defense is stellar, but he needs time. silent g doesn't. if jb didn't promise joseph he'd start g is ready for stardom. cooney didn't look right. I realized at midnight what was wrong. he's too big; lifted too much weight. he's lost his fluidity. Patterson and bj looked good and we'll both contribute. I didn't check out Roberson because I know his game. wimps sanderson's grand son is very good.
lastly mac. he's better than durrant was as a frosh. if he were a rookie nba player this year, he'd win roy unanimously. he;s as athletic a young big man as kevin garnett. he's got his shoulders and wing span. he can shoot handle, defend and compete at the highest level. he's better than melo at this age. melo is a 9 athletically. this dude is ten plus. i'd start g, Patterson. bj. cm and rak. i'd bring joseph, cooney and Roberson off the bench. this team is the fastest college team ever. joseph reminds me of jarret of Georgia tech. athletic, but not ready. the saddest part of the night was dc. sitting by himself almost resigned to disappointment. go cuse. make us proud.

Last edited:
Amazing. Some good points mixed in with some truly outlandish hyperbole. I expected nothing less.

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

by jb for a good year. my take on the show case. first the women look deeper and more athletic.
rak is finally a treasure; not just for cuse but for bball fans that remember how good it was to see a ewing, a seikaly, a coleman a Duncan mature over 4 years and go into the league ready. tha metamophous of rak is scary.
on the other hand joseph was raw offensively. his defense is stellar, but he needs time. silent g doesn't. if jb didn't promise joseph he'd start g is ready for stardom. cooney didn't look right. I realized at midnight what was wrong. he's too big; lifted too much weight. he's lost his fluidity. Patterson and bj looked good and we'll both contribute. I didn't check out Roberson because I know his game. wimps sanderson's grand son is very good.
lastly mac. he's better than durrant was as a frosh. if he were a rookie nba player this year, he'd win roy unanimously. he;s as athletic a young big man as kevin garnett. he's got his shoulders and wing span. he can shoot handle, defend and compete at the highest level. he's better than melo at this age. melo is a 9 athletically. this dude is ten plus. i'd start g, Patterson. bj. cm and rak. i'd bring joseph, cooney and Roberson off the bench. this team is the fastest college team ever. joseph reminds me of jarret of Georgia tech. athletic, but not ready. the saddest part of the night was dc. sitting by himself almost resigned to disappointment. go cuse. make us proud.
I think you just shot your hyperbole wad.

Tried telling everyone here that Joseph will have a lot of growing pains... He has so much potential down the road though. Hard to analyze anything really from MM... That's just the god's honest bottom line. If Mac is half the player Durant was as a freshmen, Syracuse will be very good

Lost in there is a good observation about Cooney - he really may be spending too much time lifting weights. The bulkier you get, the more likely you are to lose that fluidity and flexibility that a shooter needs.

Similar thing happened with McNabb when he was here, and it hindered his ability to throw the ball a little (he's even admitted this, if I'm not mistaken).

jekelish said:
Lost in there is a good observation about Cooney - he really may be spending too much time lifting weights. The bulkier you get, the more likely you are to lose that fluidity and flexibility that a shooter needs. Similar thing happened with McNabb when he was here, and it hindered his ability to throw the ball a little (he's even admitted this, if I'm not mistaken).

Yep. And he's been told as much.

regarding rak, you learn almost nothing about a player like him in this type of setting.

Lost in there is a good observation about Cooney - he really may be spending too much time lifting weights. The bulkier you get, the more likely you are to lose that fluidity and flexibility that a shooter needs.

Similar thing happened with McNabb when he was here, and it hindered his ability to throw the ball a little (he's even admitted this, if I'm not mistaken).

Well, why wasn't our training staff monitoring his work in the weight room? I realize if he's back home, hangin' and hangin' with The Hulkster at Gold's Gym, there's not much our staff can do about it. Even still, I'm disappointed in this development: he was already pretty jacked last year and his arms look more like Triche's guns now.

his arms look more like Triche's guns now.

When he gets announced maybe they could play the AC/DC song "Big Gun" as his theme music the way they do for pro-wrestlers. I guess this is kind of like my attempt to be Otto In Grotto with a nick name.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom