a lead gaurd away | Syracusefan.com

a lead gaurd away

jordoo

Living Legend
This is in no means a knock on Kaleb. I'm a fan of his and expect great things from him as his career progresses. He was expected to apprentice and thus is not yet ready to be a true lead guard/playmaker. He's really come along with turnovers and assists but is playing gun shy especially in the big moments which is the opposite of what you want from your lead guard. Ron is playing late game situations because of defense and IMO willingness to at least try to make a play.

We start both halves bad like clockwork almost every game. You need a lead guard to get you into your stuff early or make a play themselves if nothing is going. We just don't have that this year.

We do have one of the best big guys in the nation, an up and coming PF, a dynamic SF and 2G who can shoot when he has room. Obviously depth is an issue but put Ennis on this team and we are likely right in the mix with all but the few very elite teams.

Making noise this season and beatng any of the better teams is completely dependent on Kaleb letting himself loose. He needs to understand that its better at this point to try and fail than it is to simply be a place holder waiting to see if one of the guys the defense is expecting to get the ball can make a play.

He's going to figure that out st some point and learn as he makes good plays and mistakes but he has to unshackle himself and go for it. We can't beat the better teams until he does IMO.

He's going to figure that out st some point and learn as he makes good plays and mistakes but he has to unshackle himself and go for it. We can't beat the better teams until he does IMO.

It took James Southerland four seasons before he scored 34 points. I think Kaleb is doing fine. It's just going to take another year or two. This season was lost the moment Tyler Ennis entered the draft. Still, I am very glad for Christmas. I think he's going to be a first round NBA draft choice. What a great story! I think this year will end up being more about Christmas and his accomplishments than anything else unfortunately.

It took James Southerland four seasons before he scored 34 points. I think Kaleb is doing fine. It's just going to take another year or two. This season was lost the moment Tyler Ennis entered the draft. Still, I am very glad for Christmas. I think he's going to be a first round NBA draft choice. What a great story! I think this year will end up being more about Christmas and his accomplishments than anything else unfortunately.
Kaleb isn't doing fine. Not his fault. He should have had a year to settle in. But his t.o.' lead to breakaway hoops. We have the weaker pt in every game we play in league play. Tough to win that way.

Kaleb isn't doing fine. Not his fault. He should have had a year to settle in. But his t.o.' lead to breakaway hoops. We have the weaker pt in every game we play in league play. Tough to win that way.

Maybe you should be more critical of RP than KJ. For a freshmen with this team I think KJ is doing okay. Look at the 2009-2010 numbers. KJ's numbers are not that bad compared to the other freshmen:
http://www.orangehoops.org/2009-2010.htm

My expectations for KJ are not as great as other people I guess. The way you win national championships is by having junior and senior PGs. My expectations for this year's team were not that great. I've felt this was going to be a bubble year from the beginning. After the Miami and Villanova losses, my hope now is that this team achieves 18 wins. It's going to be a tough season.

Agreed he's doing fine and the future is bright he's just not really a lead guard yet. 96 assists to 51 turnovers is approaching 2 to 1 ratio and he's at just under 5 a game which is great. That said only a small percentage of his assists are plays where he created something that wasn't previously there. He has shied away from the big moments of late and also just doesn't seem to have that court presence to get us going to start halves or end a bad stretch.

We only play 6 guys and poor Joseph looks like he is in his first year on Varsity and years in JV. I don't blame the kid for struggling as he wasn't expected to be the guy this year. I just want the kid to develop confidence and feel like he belongs on the court. Joseph plays scared and just needs more reps to earn confidence and let his talent come out.

We do need another PG though that is no doubt. Patterson isn't a PG and when he comes in we play 2 SGs iu Patterson/Cooney, G as PG, Roberson and Rak.

Honestly this team needs another consistent 3-pt shooter, position doesn't matter. SU could get away with MG or TC at PG against most teams in the ACC, but having another deep threat would open up so much for our 3 scorers.

Honestly this team needs another consistent 3-pt shooter, position doesn't matter. SU could get away with MG or TC at PG against most teams in the ACC, but having another deep threat would open up so much for our 3 scorers.

I think Tyler finished around 35% last year so had he returned he likely would have been that 3rd guy even if he only improved a few percentage points, certainly that would have been enough to keep teams honest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom