A little extra pressure for jaime Dixon | Syracusefan.com

A little extra pressure for jaime Dixon

Pitt has lost 9 out of their last 10 games in March.

They are 8-14 since 2012 in all non CBI March games.

Dixon is 286-89 (76.3%) in all games outside of March.

He is 41-32 in March (56.2%) All Time.

Pitt has lost 9 out of their last 10 games in March.

They are 8-14 since 2012 in all non CBI March games.

Dixon is 286-89 (76.3%) in all games outside of March.

He is 41-32 in March (56.2%) All Time.

When we start trying to convince ourselves that we can win the game because of the past history between the two teams, because JB matches up well or whatever, it usually doesn't bode well for the actual matchup at hand.

ncb_u_jamie-dixon_mb_200.jpg

When we start trying to convince ourselves that we can win the game because of the past history between the two teams, because JB matches up well or whatever, it usually doesn't bode well for the actual matchup at hand.
Yup. Past history really has no bearing on Wednesday. All we really have to lean on is hope that the team can play like we did in Atlantis.

Our post season record since the final 4 hasn't exactly been stellar.

We really could help ourselves with a win Wednesday. Not only will it guarantee us a tourney birth, but it could be Dixon's last meaningful game at Pittsburgh, and I don't think we will see someone new come in that is going to dominate us like he has. It's been reported down there that UNLV has real interest in him, and he's legit on the hot seat due to his annual late season failures. He might leave this year to avoid a possible ultimatum season there next year.

heck we just need to play like we did against UNC a week ago...
Or even how we played against Pitt a couple weeks ago - but actually keep playing for the last 5 minutes

Cusefan0307 said:
We really could help ourselves with a win Wednesday. Not only will it guarantee us a tourney birth, but it could be Dixon's last meaningful game at Pittsburgh, and I don't think we will see someone new come in that is going to dominate us like he has. It's been reported down there that UNLV has real interest in him, and he's legit on the hot seat due to his annual late season failures. He might leave this year to avoid a possible ultimatum season there next year.
Would like nothing more than to help usher that a$$face out the door...

We all know how he has dominated the orange. But he is 0-2 in post season play and if he loses to make it 0-3, that will really reinforce the story line that he can't win in the post season.
Dixon is in a bit trouble there (and it has nothing to do with his postseason record against SU).
New AD. Program has leveled off considerably since peak, and worst of all, apathy has begun to show itself amongst their fan base.

His dismissal would not be deserved, but it could happen. I would not shed a tear.

Dixon is in a bit trouble there (and it has nothing to do with his postseason record against SU).
New AD. Program has leveled off considerably since peak, and worst of all, apathy has begun to show itself amongst their fan base.

His dismissal would not be deserved, but it could happen. I would not shed a tear.

Interesting to hear you say that because I saw a Pitt game earlier this year and the crowd looked very sparse. I don't remember who they were playing but never seen that many empty seats in the Pete before.

We all know how he has dominated the orange. But he is 0-2 in post season play and if he loses to make it 0-3, that will really reinforce the story line that he can't win in the post season.

We're dealing with our second probation, potential back to back years of no NCAAT, a new AD as well and Dixon, who has handled JB in the overall scheme of things, is the one that has extra pressure?

I think the pressure rests squarely on JB.

The guy is 325–118 at Pitt. He may be facing extra pressure, but we have plenty of it in our own house.

nothing more I want to say Wednesday is "Dixon is 0-3 vs cuse in the post season" and "pitt is 1-6 vs cuse in the post season"

heck we just need to play like we did against UNC a week ago...

We'd get blown out. In just about every statistical area we were awful in that game.

Well, 1-2.
Gotcha, I limited my sample to the NCAA tournament.

I'd open it up a bit and add 2013 as well.
That would yield: 3-1 + 5-1 + 0-1 + 1-1 = 9-4
All using the 2-3 zone. ;)

People can spin things a lot of ways... it all depends on how negative they want to be.

Gotcha, I limited my sample to the NCAA tournament.

I'd open it up a bit and add 2013 as well.
That would yield: 3-1 + 5-1 + 0-1 + 1-1 = 9-4
All using the 2-3 zone. ;)

People can spin things a lot of ways... it all depends on how negative they want to be.

The 2-3 zone is a great defense, probably the best defense there is. The problem is it can be a very very bad defense if you don't have the right personnel for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom