A little factoid from behind the net | Syracusefan.com

A little factoid from behind the net

SWC75

Bored Historian
(I was going to say "out of left field" but that's baseball.)

When I was growing up in the '60s one of my favorite shows was "That Girl", starring Marlo Thomas, who I had a serious crush on. I recently bought the DVDs of the five season run of the show and am watching them. I checked out the Wikipedia and IMDB entries for the stars of the show, incldidng Ted Bessell, who played her boyfriend, Donald Hollinger:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Bessell

What jumped out at me was:
" Born in Flushing, New York, Bessell grew up in Manhasset on Long Island, New York. He was originally gearing up for a career as a classical musician. As a 12-year-old child prodigy, he performed a piano recital at Carnegie Hall. Bessell played lacrosse in high school with future football star and actor Jim Brown."

I have nothing to add to that. I just thought I'd report it. A very tiny piece in the mosiac of SU lacrosse history. If you ever watch the show, you're looking at a former teammate of Jim Brown's.

Last edited:
(I was going to say "out of left field" but that's baseball.)

When I was growing up in the '60s one of my favorite shows was "That Girl", starring Marlo Thomas, who I had a serious crush on. I recently bought the DVDs of the five season run of the show and am wathcing them. I checked out the Wikipedia and IMDB entries for the stars of the show, incldidng Ted Beseell, who played her boyfriend, Donald Hollinger:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Bessell

What jumped out at me was:
" Born in Flushing, New York, Bessell grew up in Manhasset on Long Island, New York. He was originally gearing up for a career as a classical musician. As a 12-year-old child prodigy, he performed a piano recital at Carnegie Hall. Bessell played lacrosse in high school with future football star and actor Jim Brown."

I have nothing to add to that. I just thought I'd report it. A very tiny piece in the mosiac of SU lacrosse history. If you ever watch the show, you're looking at a former teammate of Jim Brown's.
That was a charming show, one of my favorites. I had the pleasure of working with someone like that ( that girl) in real life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom