A Little Unexpected Warrick Love... | Syracusefan.com

A Little Unexpected Warrick Love...

He was the most exciting, reliable dunk meister I have ever seen. When he dunked, it seemed like the air whoooooshed out of the Carrier Dome and then came the sound of 25,000 throats screaming. One time I saw spots before my eyes! He was dazzling.

One of my all time favorite players. As a freshman all he could do was dunk (and he could barely make a free throw). When he left he was one of the best players in the country. His dunks made every game exciting.

I was only around 10 when Warrick was on the hill, but I specifically remember the "Mac to Hak" graphic whenever he threw down an oop

Hak probably had the most development of any player we've ever brought into the program--skill wise and physically. Its really too bad that his career ended on such a sour note, because he was one helluva player for us.

I was only around 10 when Warrick was on the hill, but I specifically remember the "Mac to Hak" graphic whenever he threw down an oop

It's depressing that there are posters here who were ten when Hakim Warrick played here.

From recruiting afterthought to first team all american, BEPOY, and eight year NBA career. My favorite Orangeman and it's not really close.

It's depressing that there are posters here who were ten when Hakim Warrick played here.

From recruiting afterthought to first team all american, BEPOY, and eight year NBA career. My favorite Orangeman and it's not really close.
More depressing when there are posters who were in their 60s when Hak was at the Cuse. :(

Reactions: cto
The most impressive dunk attempt I ever saw was Warrick trying to dunk over Okafor in the 2004 season.

Hak's flat-footed dunk against ND was his best, but his most underrated dunk came at Miami.

Nasty

I agree that ND dunk is amongst the best I have ever seen. My fav player ever, and I don't think it is all that close.

Hakim may be one of the few players from the Cuse that no one has a bad word about. Every one liked this guy.
Think about this, re his development - as a freshman, we laughed when people compared him to Damone Brown. "There's no way he will be as good as Damone!" By his senior year, it was like Damone, who?
That ND dunk was crazy, but that dunk over Memphis' Rodney Carney, who was also a high flyer, was epic. I think it was at the Garden. I have a still of it somewhere, I gotta dig it up.

Hakim may be one of the few players from the Cuse that no one has a bad word about. Every one liked this guy.
Think about this, re his development - as a freshman, we laughed when people compared him to Damone Brown. "There's no way he will be as good as Damone!" By his senior year, it was like Damone, who?
That ND dunk was crazy, but that dunk over Memphis' Rodney Carney, who was also a high flyer, was epic. I think it was at the Garden. I have a still of it somewhere, I gotta dig it up.

LOL yeah I remember people on this board thinking his freshman year that he could be a "Damone Brown-type" player.

he is my favorite SU player. the highlights are endless with Hak. He also had two amazing dunks that al but took away Jermaine Oneal's manhood. one was early similar to the ND flat footed diunk. Had a decent 8 year run in the NBA. Not bad for a guy we don't even take if JH commits.

What was his high school ranking? He couldn't have been that high. Hakim really progressed each year.
My third fave player behind Erich Santifer and Lawrence Moten.

The "Texas Tea Bag"

My god...that is so wrong, yet so right.

Reactions: cto
His dunk against bama was my favorite. pushes one guy off the block receives the pass and crashes into the guy in midair knocking him backwards slaming his head into jeremy mcneils while dunking over him.

Also agree on that one he attempted on okafor.

His dunk against bama was my favorite. pushes one guy off the block receives the pass and crashes into the guy in midair knocking him backwards slaming his head into jeremy mcneils while dunking over him.

Also agree on that one he attempted on okafor.

Bama dunk was the only bright spot in that game.

bryanradams said:
What was his high school ranking? He couldn't have been that high. Hakim really progressed each year. My third fave player behind Erich Santifer and Lawrence Moten.

Highest ranking I remember was 99 but don't remember which site.

http://statsheet.com/bhsb/recruiting_class/2001

This puts him in the 100-150 range. Reading this list is a trip down memory lane. Can't believe we missed out on Duane John. LOL.
Wow... Edelin, Konecny, Forth, Pace and Warrick were all on that list.

Four years later, Warrick was Big East POY, Forth was Big East Scholar Athlete of the Year, and Pace was the Big East Sportsmanship player of the year.

Warrick was bound for Providence because our last scholly had been offered to Hodge, and we were waiting for his response. Mike Hopkins convinced Warrick's mother to make him wait before committing to Providence (until Hodge made his decision.)

Wow... Edelin, Konecny, Forth, Pace and Warrick were all on that list.

Four years later, Warrick was Big East POY, Forth was Big East Scholar Athlete of the Year, and Pace was the Big East Sportsmanship player of the year.

Warrick was bound for Providence because our last scholly had been offered to Hodge, and we were waiting for his response. Mike Hopkins convinced Warrick's mother to make him wait before committing to Providence (until Hodge made his decision.)
Three of the highest character guys you can conceive of on that list in Forth, Warrick and Pace. Duany, while not in that recruiting class, was of similar caliber. I'd take four guys of said caliber any day. Will always be a credit to SU.