A lot of next year hinges on... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

A lot of next year hinges on...

The development of Tyler Lydon. Development meaning strength and the ability to dribble is the number one development we need. If he can learn how to be effective out of the triple threat, he can be a wing player alongside of Battle and Gillon/Howard. If not, we have to go three guards. What scares me more than anything about Mali leaving is that if a guard gets hurt, this team is TOAST. We legit don't even have a fourth guard on the roster. That's bananas. Hope to god for health this season. If everyone stays healthy, this team will compete for a second weekend in the NCAAs. With Mali, we are a great bet to make the FF. Best of luck, Mal!
Totally agree on Lydon BUT I totally believe that Çhukwu falls into the same degree of importance and maybe even more he needs a solid 25 lbs on him before the season begins. His height demands the strength to go with his length/height. He is going to be banged down low and he will need all of the above to play down there!

I opened this thread expecting it to be about Battle. Lydon at worst averages 13 at best 18. The biggest swing could be Battle. Battle has to be good, he might be the only guy who can get his shot and create for others.

I opened this thread expecting it to be about Battle. Lydon at worst averages 13 at best 18. The biggest swing could be Battle. Battle has to be good, he might be the only guy who can get his shot and create for others.

Gillon.

In all honesty, a lot of next year hinges on health. We have zero depth and will end up with 8 players.

Next years draft is suppose to be loaded, top five might be a bit high, he could be a lottery pick for sure.
I swear I have heard that every year for the past 3-4, until we actually get to the draft and then It's weak, but next year's...

In my head, the two biggest wildcards next year are Roberson and Howard. Both have big time potential, but are also question marks. Roberson will rebound and play D, but will he score aggressively? He doesn't need to learn to shoot--he's got some nice touch and post moves. Will he use them? And Howard could be a top tier pg in the ACC, I really believe it. But he has to at least keep defenses semi-honest with his 3 point shooting. They can't play him like he's Rajon Rondo. And he has to improve his D. I really think both are within reach for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom