A moment to thank TC | Syracusefan.com

A moment to thank TC

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Sometimes, we take for granted the great work Tom does to make this community special. I was just going through some of the recruiting data base pages and realizing all of the time & effort it takes to do such a comprehensive mapping for us. The Cat has a full time job and is the top man in his field of expertise. He is widely respected among his colleagues, I have witnessed that firsthand. We trade barbs all the time, to outsiders it may look pretty viscous but we know better. I would never say these things in conversation with him because that is just not the way we operate.

Thanks, Tom! Long overdue. And thanks to you too, o-eyes

Thanks, Tom! Long overdue. And thanks to you too, o-eyes

Here, here -- hats off to both Tomcat and Orangeyes!

As an out of towner, the insight you both provide is invaluable.

Sometimes, we take for granted the great work Tom does to make this community special. I was just going through some of the recruiting data base pages and realizing all of the time & effort it takes to do such a comprehensive mapping for us. The Cat has a full time job and is the top man in his field of expertise. He is widely respected among his colleagues, I have witnessed that firsthand. We trade barbs all the time, to outsiders it may look pretty viscous but we know better. I would never say these things in conversation with him because that is just not the way we operate.
Plus, he's a functional gingerholic and a damn fine golfer. :D

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

There are a lot of people that contribute to this site and make it a superb place for the SU fan. That includes the knowledgeable posters and insiders that keep the rest of us informed. But no one would have this as a place to converse if it wasn't for Tomcat, OE, and the other founders & benefactors that created and maintain it. I for one appreciate it every day and think today is a great day to especially honor Tomcat. Thanks for your part in making this a place for all of us!!

I'd like to thank Tomcat as well. Before joining this world-wide-web community, I thought the only people intersted in the tuba were fat teenaged boys with bad skin. Because of Tomcat, I now know that internets dweebs have a keen interest in the instrument as well (havent met Tom, so i cant confirm whether he also falls into the fat with bad skin category). Anyway, I salute you Tomcat. :D

More seriously, I seem to recall Tom's description of the raging Genessee River being one of the funnier things I have ever read on these boards. :rolling:

And sadly, I am an enabler. Hi, my name is orange79, and I bought Tom a ginger ale at the Boston regional.
Don't feel bad. His boyish charms turn us all intoo enablers. :D

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

I would like to thank both of you for all of the effort and time you put into this site. It is truly appreciated

how many test tasters of ginger ale could still be living

I know of no other board with two people as essential as Tom and OE. Thanks to them, not a day goes by w/o me checking in at least once, and usually several times.

BTW, Tom, what's your take on Reed's Ginger Brew?

I would like to thank both of you for all of the effort and time you put into this site. It is truly appreciated
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This

Bravo "Cat" "Eyes"!