A Nugget | Syracusefan.com

A Nugget

Finwad32

Hall of Fame
Of Syracuse optimism... Cuse = 3-0... Maryland's done, let's go. It's time to feel alive again Syracuse is back... I've waited for this feeling since '97, yes that team is gone, but, hope remains.

Terrell Hunt us the closest we've had since in terms of optimism. Nassib was better but he's gone. Top 25 is attainable, let's roll!

You drinking this?
image.jpg

Ha ha, I love how one win against CMU has changed the attitude of our fan base! I'm nervous about Maryland, and hopeful SU is truly the team we saw pound the Chippewas. Saturday will tell us a lot about the character of this team.

I remember at the end of Nassib's senior year, I just always felt like they would win every game, and I think they felt that way as well. They had a swagger about them. This team needs a win against Maryland to gain some of that swagger. Basically that thought process that "no matter how hard you hit us, we're coming right back." That's what I loved about the last half of that season. It was so fun to watch that team grow week after week.

It's like Sly Stallone said in Rocky Balboa:

the Maryland game will be on the defense to slow down Maryland offense since we should score 28-30 points with no problem

Ha ha, I love how one win against CMU has changed the attitude of our fan base! I'm nervous about Maryland, and hopeful SU is truly the team we saw pound the Chippewas. Saturday will tell us a lot about the character of this team.

I remember at the end of Nassib's senior year, I just always felt like they would win every game, and I think they felt that way as well. They had a swagger about them. This team needs a win against Maryland to gain some of that swagger. Basically that thought process that "no matter how hard you hit us, we're coming right back." That's what I loved about the last half of that season. It was so fun to watch that team grow week after week.

It's like Sly Stallone said in Rocky Balboa:

I am one that has been optimistic and was not dismayed at the Nova outcome. Sure, I wanted to beat them into the next week but once TH was booted, I knew that the kids had a fight on their hands. The team never gave up. They were down 3 of the first six OL and then their starting QB was booted. Many teams would have fallen apart. Add to that the defense was horrible and Syracuse had every reason to walk away with a loss. The kids did their jobs and gutted out a win. They never turned on each other and never blamed each other, they never fell apart. It is why I like this team. They could end up with the swagger you are talking about, just like two years ago.

the Maryland game will be on the defense to slow down Maryland offense since we should score 28-30 points with no problem

Agree. If we hold them to 21 or less points, we win. I think our defense can do that. Will they? That's why they play the game.

Cheers,
Neil

Agree. If we hold them to 21 or less points, we win. I think our defense can do that. Will they? That's why they play the game.

Cheers,
Neil
or jump in the dolorean to find out

I am always optimistic pre-season. The Nova game made me re-think the likelihood of beating ND. I already had us losing to FSU and Clemson. Still think we can take Louisville at home but am worried about Pitt away. So I've scaled my optimism from 10-2 to 8-4 now.

We'll see how the season progresses.

Cheers,
Neil

Cheers,
Neil

Agree with both of you. Our offense should be able to put up over 30. Just have to stop them from doing the same, but their certainly capable of doing it.

Should be a fun game for the people who like offense.

we should score 28-30 points with no problem

No problem, really?

17 in regulation vs Nova, 31 offensive pts vs CMU. They scored more than 27 pts once against a P5 team in the last year.

Love to see it happen, but no problem, I don't think so.

No problem, really?

17 in regulation vs Nova, 31 offensive pts vs CMU. They scored more than 27 pts once against a P5 team in the last year.

Love to see it happen, but no problem, I don't think so.

nova game is meaningless as hunt got tossed in mid second quarter. Maryland's defense is grob level from Michigan. CMU game if it was closer we would have likely scored more

the upperdeckism on this board is spreading faster than Ebola.

Where did the notion that Maryland's defense is horrific come from. Because they got lit up by WVU?

the upperdeckism on this board is spreading faster than Ebola.

Where did the notion that Maryland's defense is horrific come from. Because they got lit up by WVU?

Ummm...yes?

Actually, I don't think they're horrific. But I don't think they're very good either. We should be able to put up 31. I know a lot of that is dependent on field position, etc. But if we can't, well, then good chance the winning streak ends at 4.

As I typed that, I can't believe we have a 4 game winning streak.

3-0 would be awesome. I think this game is tougher than Louisville, You all know how much Maryland would love to beat a middle of the pack ACC team...