A Thanksgiving thank-you to some SU people who don't get many thank-you's... | Syracusefan.com

A Thanksgiving thank-you to some SU people who don't get many thank-you's...

cto

Administrator
I was just chatting with Consigliere about how kind the employees at the Dome were to his elderly father on Tuesday night when he and his Dad attended the Loyola game together. And we agreed that most of those folks (security, box office, etc) are very under-appreciated.

Our conversation started when Consigliere mentioned the specific kindness of Patty (the tall, attractive, blonde security woman who is stationed near the tunnel to the SU locker room), but it quickly expanded to include other Dome employees as well.

Having attended many games at other venues, I can say authoritatively that we have some of the best, nicest, most competent arena employees I have ever met. And in many cases, it is not even close.

Thank you, Patty (sorry I don't know your last name), and thank you, everyone else who makes the Dome experience special.

Last edited:
I was just chatting with Consigliere about how kind the employees at the Dome were to his elderly father on Tuesday night when he and his Dad attended the Loyola game together. And we agreed that most of those folks (security, box office, etc) are very under-appreciated.

Our conversation started when Consigliere mentioned the specific kindness of Patty (the tall, attractive, blonde security woman who is stationed near the tunnel to the SU locker room), but it quickly expanded to include other Dome employees as well.

Having attended many games at other venues, I can say authoritatively that we have some of the best, nicest, most competent arena employees I have ever met. And in many cases, it is not even close.

I'd like to vet Consigliere and their assessment of this Patty. ;) I also wonder what kind of nickname OttoInGrotto would come up with for her, knowing his penchant for burger nicknames?

My dad came from a poor family out of The Depression. He reached some pretty amazing levels of accomplishment, including a doctorate from SU. He taught me many lessons, but one I most remember was not a lesson, but an observation watching him interact with many different people. He respected anyone who did his/her job well. Didn't matter what the job was; just that the individual did it well. Not sure this relates directly to your post Joyce; maybe just a Thanksgiving Day thought. I am thankful that I had a mom and dad who provided me with a set of values that have served me well throughout my life. They are gone some years now, but their values live on through their children and the values they hand down to their children.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom