A tribute to the hearts of these kids | Syracusefan.com

A tribute to the hearts of these kids

Flacusian

All Conference
in light of the fact that it looks so incredibly frustrating out there for them and they somehow manage to keep it reasonably close against the best teams in the country. It's really sad to see the program at what is a really low point in comparison to recent years and it's especially difficult to think of what a shame it's been to have Christmas putting together such a prolific senior year as a Big in Orange and him not having a supporting cast around him much less the opportunity for post season play.

I love our program and this is a difficult time for all SU basketball fans. The fact that the NCAA has STILL NOT weighed in on the situation is disgusting. The kids who are now in the program and had no connection to the alleged violations in question deserve to know the fate of their program in no uncertain terms.

Regardless of how it all shakes out my commitment to Syracuse Basketball will be stronger and more intense than ever and it's really going to be something to behold next season when the team takes the court with a sense of purpose and maybe even a chip on their shoulders the size of upstate New York!

LGO always and forever!!!!

These last two games have been extremely frustrating to say the least. I think the OP is onto something in that the frustration level is raised for me because I don't like the idea of not watching my squad in the tourneys this year and have no idea if that will continue next year because the NCAA is too f-ing incompetent to do their jobs and issue a ruling.

Luckily, or maybe unluckily, I didn't drink tonight so I'm not going to go insane on here tonight like I may or may not have after the Duke game.

No matter how much you couch it by saying, "These next few games are our team's tournament," the fact remains that we are not playing post-season and that is a hard thing for any player to swallow. I am sure it got in their heads. It's certainly been in mine.

A lot of our fans have issue with Cooney but the guy left it all on the court tonight. How easy would it have been for a guy with a hurting back to just capitulate?

A lot of our fans have issue with Cooney but the guy left it all on the court tonight. How easy would it have been for a guy with a hurting back to just capitulate?

We have 7 Div 1 players that are currently able to play in regards to their current talent level. Cooney is one of the best even in a diminished capacity. Tough to knock the kid for doing what is asked of him. Performance may not be there but the kid has some balls

Can't be more proud of this group of guys. They're undermanned and have nothing to play for, but still give the effort every game. Even though the last month has been rough, it's awesome that they were able to pull of two top 15 upsets against bitter rivals. Notre Dame is having one of their best seasons ever and they still aren't able to beat Cuse!

They are all very talented kids who hustle and play their hearts out. We need another shooter or two and this year would be very different. Proud of them for the effort.

We have 7 Div 1 players that are currently able to play in regards to their current talent level. Cooney is one of the best even in a diminished capacity. Tough to knock the kid for doing what is asked of him. Performance may not be there but the kid has some balls

He seems like he has a great attitude and he listens to his coach. I do wish he got a little breather tonight. With him being injured and his shooting percentage so low I don't think that there's that big of a drop off between him and the other guards. We could have played Kaleb at the point and let Mike play the 2 and let him play off the ball a bit.

He seems like he has a great attitude and he listens to his coach. I do wish he got a little breather tonight. With him being injured and his shooting percentage so low I don't think that there's that big of a drop off between him and the other guards. We could have played Kaleb at the point and let Mike play the 2 and let him play off the ball a bit.
You dont get points for effort. Trevor should have been sitting the last three games. He is off and i dont think that he gives us any more on the D end than some of the other kids. He needs a rest and playing him when he is hurt and not performing is simply poor coaching.

I don't know about all this. when the wheels came off, they came off bad. im not sure I would characterize the last few games as some sort of herculean effort

Sorry, but when you are SMASHED 42 to 20 off the glass it is hard to applaud the effort.

That is not to say that our kids didn't show plenty of heart throughout the season, but sorry, not much of it came thru tonight.

JB: "I don't know how this team won 18 games."

orangehomer said:
I don't know about all this. when the wheels came off, they came off bad. im not sure I would characterize the last few games as some sort of herculean effort

Came off bad? When exactly did they fall off against Cal? They've been off all year. We weren't talented enough to compete but these guys played to their abilities all year and just came up short. I never once saw a lack of effort all season. Bravo to these guys.

If nothing else, I enjoyed the hustle on the press and half court traps at a point in the game where our guys could have been spent physically and emotionally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom