AAC & MAC & SU | Syracusefan.com

AAC & MAC & SU

chakka3421

All Conference
I think this is what makes me as grumpy as my new Avatar - grumpy cat - in that many teams in both the AAC & MAC are better than us. It's such a sad state of affairs our historic football program has fallen again to new Grobish lows. With all the ACC money, there is no real excuse for putting up with the sh$tshow as yesterday's performance and following press conference reminded me so much of Grob.

But back to the topic. In the AAC and MAC - teams that would destroy us:
AAC - USF (already proved it),Temple, Memphis, Houston, Navy
MAC - Bowling Green, Toledo, Western Mich, Northern Illinois

Teams that we maybe, big maybe, would beat:
AAC - Tulsa, UConn, Cincy, East Carolina
MAC - Buffalo, Ohio, Central Mich (OT win)

Teams we should definitely beat:
AAC - Tulane, SMU, UCF
MAC - Akron, Kent State, Miami Ohio, UMass, Ball St, Eastern Mich

One point - I am not sold in another MAC coach. I'm not sold on an AAC coach either but if we did settle for a HC from either league it has to be from the top tier teams only.

Second point - if we go with an up and coming coordinator again, I would want an experienced 40ish OC who is proven winner at a top tier P5 school. In no way do or should we settle for an OC, DC or even HC from a non P5 conference.

Final point - my new avatar is a perfect typical grumpy CNYer whose favorite autumn hobby is raking leaves :mad: !!!

One thing that we seldom discuss is staff. An experienced HC sometimes brings a lot of staff with them that creates communications. One of the problems with coordinators is they have little experience hiring staff and smaller networks. Typically only one coordinator is available as the other gets the vacated HC spot.
Position coaches also one aboard with the coordinator.
Recruiting ties travel with staff.
I vastly favor siting head coaches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom