Aaron Rodgers is legend | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Aaron Rodgers is legend

This is how I see it. He is getting in because of the 2 SBs. However his season by season performance have never been the elite at his position.

Somebody like Kurt Warner played shorter career but his play in those seasons was way higher at the position than Eli's best.
Warner won a MVP, has finished top 5 multiple times. Was an all-pro first or second team multiple times.
He won a SB, and lost 2 other SBs.

Warner doesn't have the stats of Eli but Warner hasn't gotten in the HOF. The 2 SBs, stats and NY media factor will get Eli in.
I like to compare Eli to Dan Fouts who was a first ballot Hall of Famer so even though they are different eras, it still gives a good baseline on what a Hall of Famer should look like.

Basically Eli is better in every category. More games, more yards, more TD's, less INT's, better completion %, better passer rating. Then throw two Super Bowl MVP's on top of that, it has to be a slam dunk. I don't see anything else.

I like to compare Eli to Dan Fouts who was a first ballot Hall of Famer so even though they are different eras, it still gives a good baseline on what a Hall of Famer should look like.

Basically Eli is better in every category. More games, more yards, more TD's, less INT's, better completion %, better passer rating. Then throw two Super Bowl MVP's on top of that, it has to be a slam dunk. I don't see anything else.

Essentially agree, however I don't think Eli is necessarily a better passer than Fouts, who played mostly in a pre- West Coast offense system based on throwing the ball downfield more. The WCO tends to use more short passes and have a much higher completion percentage and a much lower interception rate, (which is why they use it).

Fouts: Dan Fouts Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Manning: Eli Manning Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Fouts completed 58.8% of his passes for an average of 13.1 yards per completion and 7.7 yards per attempt. 1 in 22 attempts and 1 in 13 completions produced a touchdown. 1 in 23 attempts produced an interception.

Manning completed 59.7% of his passes for an average of 11.8 yards per completion and 7.1 yards per attempt. 1 in 21 attempts and 1 in 13 completions produced a touchdown. 1 in 32 attempts produced an interception.

I see them as comparable quarterbacks in different systems. But if Eli is Dan Fouts with 2 Super Bowl wins, he's a Hall of Famer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom