Aaron Sorkin? That's all ya got? | Syracusefan.com

Aaron Sorkin? That's all ya got?

Cowtown

Sesquipedalia verba
Interesting alumni from your top-25 school

Among the first things you hear at freshman orientation is the list of notable people who came before you and walked the halls of your school. Using the Way-Too-Early Top 25 as our guide, we identified some of the most interesting alumni from each of the top 25 teams' institutions.

Kourtney Kardashian and other notable top-25 alumni

Sorkin is quick to point out to anyone that he did not go to Newhouse. He is a Maxwell kid.
Unless he has a grad degree from SI then techjncslly he isn't a Maxwell guy either.
I am glad nowadays the. Maxwell Dean will sign kids degrees now as Arts and sciences used to control those undergrad degrees.

Unless he has a grad degree from SI then techjncslly he isn't a Maxwell guy either.
I am glad nowadays the. Maxwell Dean will sign kids degrees now as Arts and sciences used to control those undergrad degrees.
My college roommates wife works in Hollywood at one of the networks. She was talking to Sorkin and mentioned that she was also a Newhouse grad. He quickly snapped that he was maxwell and not Newhouse. As if Newhouse was beneath him.

Is it just me, or shouldn't the current vice president trump any other alumnus? And yes, I used "trump" on purpose.
Ignoring all the Newhouse people, some other interesting folks he could have gone with...

Andrew White (the founder, not the III)
Stephen Crane
Betsey Johnson
Lou Reed
William Safire
John MacDonald
Joyce Carol Oates (the Other Joyce)
Mark Emmert
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Warren Rudman
Eileen Collins
Robert Jarvik
F Story Musgrave
Jim Brown
Al Davis
David Falk
Myer Prinstein
Peter Falk
Carl Gottlieb
Suzanne Pleshette
Jerry Stiller
Vanessa Williams
Raymond Carver

Is it just me, or shouldn't the current vice president trump any other alumnus? And yes, I used "trump" on purpose.

They were clearly just trying to be clever. When they pick freaking Orville Redenbacher over Niel Armstrong I think there is something afoot (pun intended).

Ignoring all the Newhouse people, some other interesting folks he could have gone with...

Stephen Crane
Betsey Johnson
Lou Reed
William Safire
John MacDonald
Mark Emmert
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Warren Rudman
Eileen Collins
Robert Jarvik
F Story Musgrave
Jim Brown
Al Davis
David Falk
Myer Prinstein
Peter Falk
Carl Gottlieb
Suzanne Pleshette
Jerry Stiller
Vanessa Williams
Raymond Carver

Jay McInerney

What do you have against Story Musgrave?

Stephen Crane
Betsey Johnson
Lou Reed
William Safire
John MacDonald
Mark Emmert
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Warren Rudman
Eileen Collins
Robert Jarvik
F Story Musgrave
Jim Brown
Al Davis
David Falk
Myer Prinstein
Peter Falk
Carl Gottlieb
Suzanne Pleshette
Jerry Stiller
Vanessa Williams
Raymond Carver

What do you have against Story Musgrave?
What do you have against F?

For years, every story on Story had his name as F Story Musgrave. It tickled me a bit that he had the chutzpah to just use one letter like he did.

Something changed. If you google him now, almost every link has his name as Story Musgrave. But he will always be F Story Musgrave to me.

;)

Not sure if it says more about me or the ESPN staff that I haven't even heard of 9 of those people they list. Trying to put the ESPN staff hat on for my alma mater I can't decide between Roger Ailes or Matt Lauer??? Oh heck with it I'll just go with Paul Newman (how can you go wrong when you have a salad dressing and spaghetti sauce named after you).

Not sure if it says more about me or the ESPN staff that I haven't even heard of 9 of those people they list. Trying to put the ESPN staff hat on for my alma mater I can't decide between Roger Ailes or Matt Lauer??? Oh heck with it I'll just go with Paul Newman (how can you go wrong when you have a salad dressing and spaghetti sauce named after you).

So, you went to Kenyon? One of my HS buddies did also. I loved John Rinka, was disappointed he didn't make the NBA, but I was young then. :)

Jay McInerney

McInerney went to Williams College undergrad. I met him once in the Greek restaurant on Marshall Street. He was doing grad work, studying with Carver, but I don't know that he got a masters degree from SU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom