AAU Article by Thamel | Syracusefan.com

AAU Article by Thamel

Full_Rebar

All American
I'm sure there are other AAU teams that are corrupt also. Now I have a better idea why there are times SU doesn't go after certain big name prospects. We as fans don't know what is going on behind the scenes but JB and the staff do.

This quote and fact that people excuse and accept this as an answer and willing to sacrifice there babies for their personal gain is what is wrong with society. Not just this but so many other vices in pop culture. I have seen it over and again time and again. "When wrong becomes right and right becomes wrong."

“He used those kids. In one [sense] he’s helping young men. But at the same time he could be poisoning their parents or relatives. It’s impersonating a cause.”

I am still surprised there has never been a scheme to wreck an opponent's eligibility. Let's say two nights before the National Championship game, Team A enlists a shady dude who knows Team B's star player from the old neighborhood and gives him $5000 for the player. The next day they can then present evidence that the player took it. Team B is now forced to sit the kid or risk getting a NC game appearance vacated.

This scenario essentially happened organically when we played K State a few years ago in the tournament. We, of course, didn't engineer that situation, but it wouldn't be terribly hard to do.